What is the path to the aim executable?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

tobias1116

y wont it work

Post by tobias1116 »

:sad: what is the path to the aim executable it sayd enter the path but i dont kno how
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The path to the AIM executable tells AIM+ where your AOL Instant Messenger is installed. AIM+ can usually find this information on it's own, but if it can't, you'll have to enter the information manually. AIM is typically installed in C:\Program Files\AIM95 . If you do not have AIM installed, you will need to download it from http://www.aim.com and install it on your system. AIM+ is not a replacement for AIM, it simply adds features to it.
-Mark
Big-O Software
taglin13

Post by taglin13 »

i have the path set, but how come it starts AIM instead of AIM+? It used to start AIM+, but then I upgraded to the new 4.8.2646 beta, and it stopped starting AIM+
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Whenever you upgrade, I know AOL Instant Messenger adds a desktop shortcut to AIM. Loading AIM will still only load AIM, even if AIM+ is installed and the path is set correctly. You will still have to load AIM+, and it will take care of loading AIM for you, as well as the additional features provided by AIM+.
-Mark
Big-O Software