Menu not on IMs after using Reshacker

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

indo

Menu not on IMs after using Reshacker

Post by indo »

I'm not sure if this would be considered a bug or not, but here it goes. After playing around with aimres.dll in reshacker, I changed the menus on my ims. I guess AIM+ didn't like this, because now it wont show up on IMs and I can't get to the config window of it. I was wondering if you could make it a little more compatible with custom menus?

Heres a pic of how my menus are now. I didn't put the Smileys menu in, it just appears after a few seconds of having the IM open (not sure why). I think thats where the Aim+ menu is supposed to be?

http://www.8op.com/mastaology/indo/aimim.jpg <you have to paste it in. it's crappy like angelfire. sorry. :sad:
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm aware of this, I don't know if it will be more compatible with messed up menus in the future - I'll do what I can.

You should still be able to access AIM+'s features using the "system menu" of the Buddy List, by the way (icon on the upper left corner, of the title bar - or right click on the task bar).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
indo

Post by indo »

Sorry i posted in the wrong section, I wasn't too sure where this went. But thanks for pointing out the upper left icon cause I never even noticed that. How exactly does the menu on IMs work? Does it look for the default names (File,Edit,Insert,People) and add itsself after them? And do you have any idea where the Smileys menu comes from or how to get rid of it?
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

i have my menues customized with recource hacker too and i use aim+ and its fine for me
-buster
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I can't help you with regards to that Smiley menu issue, but I can tell you how AIM+'s menus work.

You'll have to have the "right" number of top-level menu items in your menu bars for AIM+ to add its menus to the menu bar. For example, the Buddy List normally has "My AIM", "People", "Help". So, if you change that menu to have any number of items other than 3, AIM+ will not add its menu items.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
YuHateMySkillz

??

Post by YuHateMySkillz »

how do you customize aim though