Volume Control

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

ya know, you can open up the IM sounds you always use in Windows Sound Recorder and you can lower the volume on the file itself and save it like that.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah i did know that but i dont understand why people want to turn the volume down in the first place when they can just do it manually
tone
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

well, people want the damn annoyinh sound of the AIM IM to be lower that way while theyre listening to music it doesnt interrupt the music and kill it. I hated that, so i made my own sounds..... they are similar to "pop" and "click", but they arnt annoyinh enough to kill ur music, yet you can hear them.

I had a zip of the sounds i made posted on these boards somewhere.... i guess that topic got deleted or sumthin.... but if any of yall wanna sample my sounds i made, just say so and i post a link top the zip

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

thats true, with a full duplex sound card u hear every bang, bling, and blung all the time every time. I simply turn sound off hahah its freaking annoying to me, but i understand y volume may help. But doesnt windows tie all the sounds to one volume control? I mean if i turn down volume from system tray, my windows media player controls get toned down as well. HOw do we seperate the sound drivers or something like that?
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I really want a mute button, and I don't want it to be forgotten about. So I thought I'd bring this post back to life. I know some people don't see the point in it. But remember, AIM+ is all about satasfying our need for features that SOME PEOPLE *cough*stupidAOL*cough* didn't feel like implementing. I know I could edit the sounds to be quieter, or use Plasma's clicks and pops, but a mute button would be a simple little feature which shouldn't be a problem to implement. Sometimes I just don't want to hear any AIM sounds at all, and the only real practical way to do that is to go into preferences. This would be easy to implement for AIM+ since all of these properties have boolean values.

Memory registers for these values are:
0x1139aed8 - Initial message
0x1139afe0 - Sending
0x1139b0e8 - Recieving

Please add a mute button :D