Away Message Rotation

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

stratmancj
Just Registered
Just Registered

Away Message Rotation

Post by stratmancj »

I think it would be great if you could have like a text file with a lot of different away messages (such as quotes or something) and just by click ing away, it will put up a different on eevery time..............
SlvrChaos

Random Away Msg....

Post by SlvrChaos »

Yeah, this is almost exactly what I was about to request.. I have a long list of away messages, and I hate it when someone IMs me and complains about seeing the same away msg all the time.. why not have an option to desplay a random away msg when you are IMed...? Might be nifty...
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

The only problem that I see with that is what about all of the people (like me) who have relevant away messages. I could just imagine the reaction that I would get if someone messaged me when I was supposed to meet them at their house and got the away message of "Playing Quake2" or "Sleeping..." lol. Hmm....all this talk of away messages has inspired me to make another post...
Logan 5

Post by Logan 5 »

Well it could be coded so that you have the usual list and one on the top or the bottom that says "Random." And by selecting that one it'll be random, otherwise you could select "Attending Big-O Software Worship Services" or "Eating Sardines" respectively.
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

of course as the guys always say, it will be made optional if it were added, so those of us that have relevant away messages could turn it off if we so please
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Why not use use my random away message method...just move the mouse up and down the screen really fast over your away message list and just click randomly. :P I understand that it would just be an option, I guess it's just not something I would use.