Automatically Parse HTML

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Automatically Parse HTML

Post by EvilJolly »

I think it would be nice if you had an option to automatically parse HTML in IMs. There is a registry setting you can change for this option and I'm sure it would be easy to toggle on and off. I just miss being able to do this like in the old AIMs.
WeRD

Post by WeRD »

I'm confused...

AIM already parses HTML code. Granted, it's only basic stuff, but for instance, if I'm typing out some code to help a friend with a project, I have to change things a bit. Like "< html >" instead of "<html>", otherwise, AIM parses it and it never shows up once I send the IM.

Maybe I misunderstood you?

However, you are onto something that could be really cool. It would be nice if AIM+ could let more HTML/JS/whatever code be parsed (if this is even possible). One of my favorite and most looked forward to features (if it is even to be implemented) is to have the kind of coding structure built in. I know there is already a thread for this, but for example, be able to have different away messages/profiles for different people. Like:

Code: Select all

if (%n == "MyBuddy1") {
          away = "Go away"; }
     elseif (%n == "BillyBob") {
          away = "poopy head"; }
     else {
          away = "I'm not here"; }
It could even have functionality to automatically create variables based off each of your saved away messages, like:

Code: Select all

if (%n == "MyBuddy1") {
          away = out1; }
...where 'out1' is a saved away message of "I'm out, leave a message."

Just something to chew on :)

WeRD

[EDIT for spelling errors]
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I don't know if you're running an older version of AIM or have changed the registry setting for it but try doing something like <b>hello</b>. It now just spits out <b>hello</b> instead of hello in bold.
WeRD

Post by WeRD »

hmm, weird...

I just updated to the latest version of AIM and now you're right, nothing gets parsed. OK, so let me retract my previous statement, I agree, I think this would be a great feature if AIM+ would allow parsing of HTML/JS/whatever :wink:

WeRD