What's your AIM "uptime" record?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Daniel
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: ........

Post by Daniel »

Plasma2002b wrote: lol, well, just because i aint got nuthin better to do, im gonna load up my version of AIM i made... lol, works with TIC, so ill see if this is any more reliable! :P
The AIM Remade you made to do that doesn't work anymore.. lol I tried it. ... Thats the way I met you.. lol

Im on 56K and I was on for 4 days at my mom's house... on WinXP, on a Dell
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

grr..... no record setting anytime soon for me. I have had a new internet service for a little over a day (finally online at the apartment since I'm no longer on campus). Until about 3 hours ago I was lucky to stay connected for five mins! Now its almost an hour before I get disconnected. Kinda sucks, but after getting some help, we determined the problem is with my computer, not the isp. For some reason my computer won't send the packets... don't know why either, although there are some ideas.

Anyway... guess my record of (and actually verifiable through picture) 7 days, 2 hours, 42 mins. will stand for a while. I'm sure its higher than that thanks to campus, but can't verify or recall :(
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I don't know if this applies to you, but M$ came out and said that their latest SP for XP caused problems with some people's ISP's. They ended up having to pull the SP
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Figures that Microsoft would screw something up like that... :roll:
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

i haven't gotten a sp from microsoft in a month because this computer hasn't been connected in that long. i know what the tech guy thinks caused the problem... and it doesn't surprise me. now i need to get a new burner to back up files...
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

yea i heard about another service pack (i think ur talkin bout that). sp2. its still "beta" and now i know why. last time i installed a beta sp (sp1, i didnt know it was beta until one day i went to windows update and it said i had the beta version...) my computer was alot more unstable
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I think my best is something like 1 day 4 hours before I crashed my computer or I chose to reboot.... And the only reason it was over a day was I had the house to my self. I dont see it being beaten anytime soon since I will not have a desktop next year as of right now....

(edit hey cool I just moved up a rant with the post))
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Homer8Pie
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Homer8Pie »

8 months with my perl bot :o :cheesy:

http://steppedupon.web1000.com/doublebp ... shome.html

^^AIM keylogger to get passwords!
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Homer8Pie wrote:8 months with my perl bot :o :cheesy:
what ISP is that?
Homer8Pie
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Homer8Pie »

what do you mean what ISP? comcast dedicated cable line
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

thats one nice connection...my cable goes out at least once every 8-10 weeks or so, even if its just for a few minutes...8 months of computer uptime is pretty nice too.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Jon8RFC wrote:my cable goes out at least once every 8-10 weeks or so
Mine never has. :wink:

I've only had two IPs since I've gotten this cable modem--and I got it four years ago.
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

dang, that's quite impressive:D with san antonio's history of random strong storms, we go down sometimes :/ they've been doing lots of upgrades and changes the past 1.5-2 years because business has exploded and they can't handle it, should be pretty much complete with the big upgrades and makign headroom stuff in about 4-5 months or so...still has great uptime for me though, not a bad service at all:D DSL=the suckage here, so all my friends with it have constant problems :/
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Hey, Optimum Online didn't get rated as one of the top ISP's four years running for no reason.

(I think it's four years running...)
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:
Jon8RFC wrote:my cable goes out at least once every 8-10 weeks or so
Mine never has. :wink:

I've only had two IPs since I've gotten this cable modem--and I got it four years ago.
Ours here (Tampa Bay RoadRunner) has pretty good uptime too. We've manages to keep the same IP for about a year now. But just lately within the last few days, they've been doing mantainence..which actually kicked my house offline, and we got a new IP address when we reconnected! :evil:

Good thing I've had my server off while switching over to Linux.