What's your AIM "uptime" record?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

If my 98 machine could handle 9 days at 166 mhz I'm sure anything at 500mhz and 2000 would easily do it with no questions.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

My AIM uptime record of 15 days sadly will not get broken any time soon. I set that record with my old ISP (Time Warner's Road Runner) but now my current ISP is Cablevision's Optimum Online. I get kicked off for a couple seconds every few days. It makes it hard to stay online for AIM or anything else when it happens ... it is a lot faster than the speeds I reached with Road Runner, though :D.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Me record is 1 day 12 hours. That was when my computer final had it. It was running 2 slow so I rebooted. (It pretty amazing it did not crash during that time) It was that high because I was the only one home for a week. Normaly I have to reboot after a few hours but I uses some pretty heavy ram programs that kill my computer
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Not really--I got a program to take care of that.. :wink:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

DADINK13 wrote:Not really--I got a program to take care of that.. :wink:
where can I get the program. I could really use that.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:My AIM uptime record of 15 days sadly will not get broken any time soon. I set that record with my old ISP (Time Warner's Road Runner) but now my current ISP is Cablevision's Optimum Online. I get kicked off for a couple seconds every few days. It makes it hard to stay online for AIM or anything else when it happens ... it is a lot faster than the speeds I reached with Road Runner, though :D.
I have Optimum Online...and I have zero problems with it. If you're using it from Jersey that could be why....but I dunno..

Timelessblur wrote:where can I get the program. I could really use that.
http://www.outertech.com/

Download "Cacheman."
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

DADINK13 wrote:
Big-O Mark wrote:My AIM uptime record of 15 days sadly will not get broken any time soon. I set that record with my old ISP (Time Warner's Road Runner) but now my current ISP is Cablevision's Optimum Online. I get kicked off for a couple seconds every few days. It makes it hard to stay online for AIM or anything else when it happens ... it is a lot faster than the speeds I reached with Road Runner, though :D.
I have Optimum Online...and I have zero problems with it. If you're using it from Jersey that could be why....but I dunno.
I know this is a little off topic, but I just have to reply :D.

It actually got really bad last spring to the point where I would get kicked offline for about 10 seconds every 30 minutes. It made downloading and playing games impossible. I think I got about 3 months of free service because I kept a record of every time it went down and how long it went down for, and called every couple of weeks to tell them. They claimed they were doing massive work to "upgrade" the system in my area.

It's been better ever since that whole period ended, but it's not 24/7 reliable by any stretch of the imagination. It's not long periods of downtime, either, just enough every so often that you'll get completely disconnected from everything you're working on.
-Mark
Big-O Software
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

what OS are you using? i have keeped my computer on for over 15 days it starts getting a little slow around 14 days.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

Download "Cacheman."
what does that do?

what is cache?

ive always wondered what that is
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well, Windows finally decided to crap out on me last night, so my record-setting run came to an end. After 12 days of Windows being up, it got pissed at me and started making things not work right.

My total online time was: 10 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes

Guess I'll try it some other time.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I was wondering why you were sign off some last night. I also going ot try to beat you records next year when I get to Texas Tech
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea, I had to restart the computer.

Stupid computer..
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

hey you got to go 10 days with out doing that. My computer can not make 24 hours with out having to reboot
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well it was up since 5/1/03 actually before I had to reboot it. I rebooted it last night at like 12:45am EDT.
Daniel
Just Registered
Just Registered

Re: ........

Post by Daniel »

Plasma2002b wrote: lol, well, just because i aint got nuthin better to do, im gonna load up my version of AIM i made... lol, works with TIC, so ill see if this is any more reliable! :P
Doesn't work anymore.. lol,

Im on 56K and I was on for 4 days at my mom's house... on WinXP, on a Dell