What's your AIM "uptime" record?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I can't actually say how long my record is, since I'm usually connected at school to a constant connection in my dorm... but this is the longest I a record of for being online with AIM, without the school resetting the connection/whatever:

I know it was a lot longer than that, I think around 10 days or so, but I can't verify it... ah well..
twobrain
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by twobrain »

max uptime is 50 days... friends cell phone stays logged into aim even when phone is off...

after 50 days it doesnt increase anymore
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I am pretty sure that is not true... Maybe it is just the cell phone, or I would bet money a glitch in the AIM system.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I with the glicht. Hell I seen my upload time be at 2day when I know for a fact that I had signed off for while bettween the 2. (also I seen my idea be stilling at 4-5 days when I just sign on to it now that was a hoot)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

In the past ... my uptime was about 4 days and some hours. But lately it's hardly been 1 day, cause I turn my computer off at night. I noticed that if I cold boot the next morning, it runs a lot smoother than if it ran idle all night. :)
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

So what do you people do? Just leave your AIM up with an away message while you are asleep?

What's the point? So people can send you IM's and get your away message?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

My bed away message:

----
In Bed

Don't you just hate it when people put up away msgs when they go to bed?
----

Mostly I do it because I can. I love my cable modem. I do it while I'm at school so I can IM my self links and such. I leave it up during the day since I don't turn off my computer. Then I leave it up because I have had some heated (silent) battles with having the longest online time.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Maybe I need to join this heated (silent) battle about uptimes. I have a cable modem.....lol
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

When I do leave my computer on for more than 1 day at a time.. I basically do it for the same reasons as Aclauser.

Because I can.. I love my CABLE modem! :D

But yeah.. I leave it up for that reason, and so people can IM me while im asleep or away... and I'll get their message in the morning or later on.

To me it's like an answering machine. And since no one knows my phone number expect my girlfriend.. people that I talk to online can leave me messages. :)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

When I am on for more than a day is because I can (got to love dsl).
but if I forget to put up an away message (Heck i forget to put one up more offen than I do put one up). I have an idle message sent out.

---------------
As you can tell I not at here. What other reason would I be idea?
-------------------------
well it used to be something like that but since I downgrauded back to 4.8 I been to lazy to put it back in.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I sign off every night cuz I figure if it's important then they can call my cell phone and leave a message...and if they don't know my cell phone number then they arent important enough to me anyway.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Mine is online constantly due to the school's constant connection... I have a few various away messages up, but my favorite include a poem that I wrote myself (Won't post it here because its not really related to this).

My computer is on primarily because I stay connected to Kazaa to download stuff and I play mp3s as I go to sleep. I leave AIM up because I have some friends who I only talk to late at night and they IM me sometimes if I'm not on, that and I don't get up sometimes until after 11.

If it was dial-up, and I had to actually pay (other than the res tech fee) I would not be connected as often.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

maeg...... its the people in your situation that AMM is pretty much based around :P

lol, do you use it?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I downloaded it the other day but haven't installed it yet... I plan on doing that sometime this weekend when I have plenty of time, other than being at work... as long as I'm not sleeping the day away.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Okay its time for some bashing :o . There is this guy that runs IMAddict.com, and he currently has a contest to see who can be online the longest. Problem is the list only has a couple note worthy people so maybe we could make this site actually have some good numbers :-D. I plan to submit my numbers in 24 hrs, and then every time I break a current standing.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ