What's your AIM "uptime" record?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

hoozdapimp

does this take the cake?

Post by hoozdapimp »

Mine is somewhere around 288 days, 14 hours....i say somewhere since this was the last time I took a screen shot...

I had the same contest thing goin on with my friend....we had a contest for who could stay online the longest...and people, this is with a Windows machine! It ended I think in March of this year because I was moving out of my old apartment into my newer apartment....I can't do it anymore cuz now I have dsl and my stupid service goes out like every 10 days or so...but oh well... I did attatch the image
Attachments
onlinetime.march2002.jpg
onlinetime.march2002.jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 9425 times
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

*cough*PHOTOSHOPED*cough*

:P

not tryin to start anythin here or nuthin, nor am i calling you a liar... but that does seem kinda suspicious when that says 288 days, and i jus checked to see ur away time now and u arnt even signed on

:wink:

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

Plasma2002b wrote:*cough*PHOTOSHOPED*cough*

:P

not tryin to start anythin here or nuthin, nor am i calling you a liar... but that does seem kinda suspicious when that says 288 days, and i jus checked to see ur away time now and u arnt even signed on

:wink:
you didn't read my post then...i had to move away from my apartment which is why i shut it off...now i have stupid pacbell dsl and im still not sure if it's my router or my service but i get disconnected at least once every 2 weeks, usually more often than that...after getting disconnected i have to go, shut off my modem, shut off the router and plug everything back in before it works...talk about a big pain in the a$$....

anyway, if you don't believe me then that's ok, i don't really care :D
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

.......after getting disconnected i have to go, shut off my modem, shut off the router and plug everything back in before it works...talk about a big pain in the a$$....

haha... you gotta do that too, huh? :P im with sbc and i had that same prob... whenever i got disconnected, i had to cut power and all that good stuff.

actually, ive been connected (the dsl, not aim) for about 80 days of service so far...... but yea :P

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

My DSL service stays connected perfectly but AIM just ends up "losing connection" every so often. Oh well.
:D
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

ahh you have sbc too?! maybe part of my problem is that im now splitting the internet connection 7 ways with my router...but dsl is much much slower than my old cox@home connection...i hate this capping thing that dsl does :(

anywho, back to the topic, anyone else have a long uptime?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i have cable and i dont think it has gone out yet but comcast was a pian to get it set up and all but after that it has been great
tone
Matt

Post by Matt »

I have comcast too and it is a pain, at least in my area...in FL. Its either out once a month or every two weeks or something...maybe its the modem that they gave us or something. We have had a lot of outages esp. during the summer, not so much as the school year has started up again, but its still rocky. I hate it, but what other high-speed service is there other than (comcast) cable and (sprint) dsl.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

hmm there is verizon (dsl) i live in NJ and my cable is great what modem do you have? i have a Motorolla SB4200 Surfboard
tone
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

Another thing about how PHOTOSHOPPED the picture is. You weren't idle at all durning those 288 days?
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

of course i was idle...probably like at least 200 of those days :)
what does that have to do with anything tho? it's not like aim keeps a running tab of how long you've been idle...it only keeps track of how long you've idle until you become "unidle" again...then it resets and doesn't display any idle time...and of course i wasn't idle when i did the printscreen....learn to think before you flame me...it's not like it's impossible to stay online for that long, im sure many of you cable users out there could do the same if you really wanted to
Matt

Post by Matt »

comcast gave me a com-21 modem...this was before they switched from the @home service...I'm not sure what they give other people in different areas...like t0ne's surfboard...but i do know that some of my friends who have the same type of modem also have some problems, but not as much as me...whenever I call comcast, they either say that my modem isn't online...and to fix that is to unplug it for like 2 min to reset it, or that the servers are down in my area...the stupid people in this town cant run any servers...they need to get better help. Also...if verizon or road runner or some other service was in my area...i would definately switch, but they only offer comcast cable and sprint dsl...and sprint isn't the best, at least from what i hear at school from my friends.......i dunno, maybe i need to move or somethin
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

lol yeah i would say try a new modem but those things are not cheap at all....thankfully my moms boss hooked us up with a router, top of the line modem, and wireless connection to her laptop, so i am set
tone
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

punkster103 wrote:Another thing about how PHOTOSHOPPED the picture is. You weren't idle at all durning those 288 days?

too look at your buddy info and take a screen shot you have to go off idle
tone
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Ok ok I win.

:D