History files stored in date AND time format?

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Surf4114
Just Registered
Just Registered

History files stored in date AND time format?

Post by Surf4114 »

As I noticed (and later read on the forums) that AIM+ unfortunately losses parts of my conversations, which in my case is a bad thing. It almost makes me want to go back to Trillian.

So, to solve the problem, why not use a history stucture based on date and time? (AKA. Everytime a new IM window is created a new history file is created as well.)

This system of storing conversations has several added bonuses. For example, to temporary solve the loss of conversations problem, I could simply close the window after the "Cleared window warning" and then create a new window. (Therefore, a new history file is created.) In fact, a feature could be added to have the window automatically closed and then recreated.

Also, having the history files in date and time format gives the added benfit of being able to delete unimportant conversations and saving the important ones. Moreover, say I talk to a friend in the morning and then in the afternoon. With the current system both conversations are in one file. Therefore, if I wanted to get something from the afternoon conversation I would have to search through both conversations. With a date and time system one could easily find the afternoon conversation and get the information you want.

Unfortunately, the side-effect of this system (As you my have guessed), breaks long conversations into several history files. (If you choose to close the window then recreate it for the sake of saving all your conversation. ...Or in accidently closing of your IM window.) Then again I would rather have my conversations save and secure in a bunch of files, then having only parts of my conversations in one file.