wanting a new version so badly

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

an0n

wanting a new version so badly

Post by an0n »

hey guys

without any doubt, hkSFV32 is the best in its field. along with your AIM program.

i reallly wanna see you guys put a new version out of hkSFV32! What is taking so long? :(

running into a log of bugs? or the more likely you guys are spending all your time on AIM+? :wink:

if you need beta testers for hkSFV32 i will be willing....

you guys are one of the best freeware group coders out there. please contiue that streak of awesomeness :lol:

an0n
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

If you've been checking these forums, hopefully you saw all the posts about features that we've been implementing for the new hkSFV. The new version has been "almost ready" for a few weeks now. The last few features we wanted to add before it's released are taking a little longer than anticipated, plus we got caught up in AIM+ for a week or so that we hoped to spend on hkSFV development. Hopefully the wait won't be longer than another week or two :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm glad to hear that people are still excited about hkSFV, though, so thank you!

AIM+ seems to get all the attention nowdays, but I've been doing a lot of hard work on hkSFV recently, and we are really looking forward to its release. As Mark said, it's taken a lot longer than we ever anticipated, but I think that everyone will find it is worth the wait.

It won't be much longer now, really - I can't wait much longer myself..

And if hkSFV 2.0 does anything less than rock your socks off, I will be very disappointed. :)
-Ryan
Big-O Software
an0n

Post by an0n »

wow, thanx for the speedy reply.

yeah i have been checkin these forums and knew about the 'Allmost ready' but that lasted for awhile.. so i wanted to question it :D

maybe you can post us some screen shots to hold us over?? :lol:

cant wait too see with what you guys come up with... ill be keepin in tuch threw the board...

laters

an0n
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

A lot of the work we have left to do is the finishing touches, like the preferences menu and other little nitty gritty things. Here's a screenshot of the new hkSFV in action ... hopefully it will help hold you over until we've got the new version finished :).

-Mark
Big-O Software
BO

Post by BO »

NICE! Got this software a few weeks ago (AIM+ brought me here) and I create SFVs for all my mp3's now. Wish everyone would do it to, so I know if I get the whole song from others.. Works great and highly anticipate the newer version.

Thanks guys!!

Bo
an0n

Post by an0n »

looks awesome. i cant wait for the rls guys :) ;)
phrenic

Post by phrenic »

*drool*

good lookin'

eagerly awaiting the new hkSFV, keep up the good work!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Just because I'm bored, here's another screenshot of the new hkSFV in action, this time the comment pane is hidden so that the window itself is smaller.

It's been awhile since I used the .9.6 hkSFV32 release, but quickly browsing through the hkSFV Feature Request forum, there are so many great new features in this version:

Find Renamed Files
Counts of Missing/Bad/Good files while working
Enqueue .SFV's while checking
Drag & Drop support
Recursively check .SFV's
'Rename' file options while checking
Recursive directories during .SFV creation
Copy filename option
Standard/Smaller view option

And the biggest, and best addition of all -- a database of previously checked .SFV's!

There are still a few more features that should be completed in time for the release :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
an0n

Post by an0n »

stilllll waiting for the new version guysss!!

where is it! :(

hope too see it soon....

and btw, screw aim v5.0 dont bother with it untill aim+ can support it hahah
seditiousEG6

its's july 19

Post by seditiousEG6 »

It's July 19th, do YOU know where your hkSFV32 is? :evil:
thursday

Post by thursday »

/me is anxiously awaiting
Jeomite
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Jeomite »

Personally, I don't anticipate the next version of hkSFV32.
The reason because the current, released is quite close to perfection already! :D
But I'm the type of person who has to be up-to-date when it comes to software, so I'll be here when the next version drops to download it! Count on it! :lol:
an0n_

Post by an0n_ »

yeah, i was REALLY hoping that the 3 week downtime of the site would result in the new version dropping when the site came back... guess i was wrong :(

you guy have any idea when it should be finished?

and when you gunna post a story about your 3 week down time! hehe

laters

an0n
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

OK, ok.. I should really write up my story about the downtime today.. If you don't see it by tomorrow, yell at me some more.

Mark has been relentless since we got the site up, trying to get me to finish the new hkSFV and get it out the door..

Keep bugging us (we like it! really! - we don't hear from hkSFV users nearly as much as we hear about AIM+..). There's one feature I really wanted to finish before I relase the next version, but Mark's convinced me to just release what we've got. It's a good idea, there's probably already enough in the new version to blow you away.

I was considering a beta version (still something I may be doing for future releases), but this version is probably ready for the masses as is..

I'll talk to Mark today about setting a release date - always fun to have a countdown, and work under a deadline. :) I think sometime next week is do-able, as long as I put in some serious work this weekend.
-Ryan
Big-O Software