Auto Away Message for Locking Computer and screen saver

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DomoKong

Auto Away Message for Locking Computer and screen saver

Post by DomoKong »

on Windows 2000, and Windows XP (don't know about Win ME), you can lock down the computer so no one can use it unless you put in ur password. i use to have it on my AIM where if i lock my computer, an away message automaticly goes into effect (it was titled Windows Sesson Logoff). now it's gone cause i had to reinstall AIM and i can't get it back. it was a really useful feature so i don't have to put up an away message if i'm out for 5 mins.

also, this could be done so an away message automaticly pops up when ever the screen saver also does.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

If you know how to work around in the registry go into....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\America Online\AOL Instant Messenger (TM)\CurrentVersion\Users\<YOUR NICK>\IAmGoneSpecialCases

and see if there is a key called OsLO. If there isn't then add one in with that exact name and modify the data in this type of format, just replace "I am logged off" with whatever you want. Also if there is not a key (folder) for IAmGoneSpecialCases then create that also.

<title>Windows Session Logoff</title><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">I am logged off</BODY></HTML>

Now close down the registry editor and AIM also, then start AIM (with AIM+ running of course ) and see if it's there when you go into your preferences under Away Message. Hope that fixes your problem! If not you can get in touch with me on AIM.

In regards to the screensaver request, just setup and idle away message to the same amount of time as your screensaver. I don't see a reason this really needs to be added.
DomoKong

Post by DomoKong »

thanks alot!