Password protect Away message

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

JoePits
Just Registered
Just Registered

Password protect Away message

Post by JoePits »

Make it require a password after you click "I'm Back" so that you can leave your away message on without fear of your mom talking to your friends.
irishfreakout
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by irishfreakout »

This is seriously a great idea!

That way people don't have to lock their computer... but can lock aim!

Of course, someone could shut off aim and restart it... but if you don't have your password auto-saved then no one could speak to aim people unauthorized.

FURTHERMORE... Locked away messages should not only require a password for "I'm Back" but also to even view the messages that have been sent (or maybe secure passworded away messages might require the "Hide windows while I'm Away" button to be clicked...)

AIM is the lifeblood of many people, there needs to be more options for people to keep it secure... and this is just the program to offer it!
cypherjf
Just Registered
Just Registered

Good Idea :)

Post by cypherjf »

I like the idea that you guy's have mentioned.. I hate when my parents would get on my computer and close the IM's that had opened when I was away, or they'd talk to them :-/.... I think a lot of people would love this idea just like you guys mentioned above, security is a issue for a lot of people now a days...
AndrewDiablo324

I AGGGREE

Post by AndrewDiablo324 »

dude that is a great idea...that would be AWESOME to see.. you know u got ur pesky little sister or brothers that mess around with ur PC just put a password like for ur screen saver :D
IM A SICK DOG!!! LOL
sweetmetlcup
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by sweetmetlcup »

I think that a password for away messages is a great idea and I actually signed on the site hoping to submit it or hear news on it. We ALL need support on keeping our private lives private.
CSharp510

Post by CSharp510 »

Do you all realize how ridiculous it would be to have to type in a password everytime you come back from being away? If you don't want your parents using your AIM (get your own computer) or just HIDE WINDOWS. Unless your parents are actually taking the time to mess with your AIM (which my guess is that half of all your parents are thoroughly confused by computers so they therefore would know to, or know how to mess with your AIM), simply hiding the windows would pretty much eliminate all of that.
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

yes that would become a drag. if you cant keep your parents off the comp then i understand that it would help but that owuld be a drag for those of us whos parents barely even know we have a computer in our rooms.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

Big sombrero, we've said it once, and we'll say it again...Big-O makes everything an OPTION. If you don't want it, just turn the option off. I won't personally use it either, but my sister and mother share a computer, as well as many of my friends with their parents. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have their own box.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah i mean unless its something bad you dont want your parents seein check your history because that is kind of ridiculous
tone
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

t0ne wrote:yeah i mean unless its something bad..........

hahaha..... come on..... are you sayin that YOU would just freely let someone kinda look through your IM's?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

I wouldnt want people to look through my IM's eiether[/quote]
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

i dont really like people going through my ims but i mean if your mom checks your ims and one days she goes to do it and theres a p/w if she wants to see them she will just make you type it in......am i right?
tone
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

thats when the time comes to play stupid 8)
lol.... "password for what now? theres a log?? woah... cool! how do i get to it???"

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
michaelrh
Just Registered
Just Registered

password protect away messages

Post by michaelrh »

I like this idea.. i agree it should be an option but i think it would be useful for a lot of people. nosey parents suck and everyone has them
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

t0ne wrote:i dont really like people going through my ims but i mean if your mom checks your ims and one days she goes to do it and theres a p/w if she wants to see them she will just make you type it in......am i right?
It would keep parents who try to pretend to trust their kids from snooping on your conversations...

Of course, it doesn't apply much to me -- I own my own computer and have Win XP, so I can just lock it down when I step away from my computer. :D