AIM+ and XP with Multi-Accounts?

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

matrixboy
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ and XP with Multi-Accounts?

Post by matrixboy »

hey, I'm using XP with AIM+ 2.2.1 and AIM 4.8.2790. I've installed AIM+ on account "A" but when I try to open it on account "B" it says "AIM+ Registry Settings corrupted. This is probably caused by a bug in AIM+ - please report it. In the meantime, you can re-install AIM+ to correct this (you should not lose any settings)" I haven't reinstalled it cuz I'm pretty sure it'll happen to account "A" if I install it with account "B". Is this a known issue and if so will it be fixed in upcoming versions?
Thanks a lot

P.S. I love this add-on!!!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I thought of this issue a long time ago, when creating the installer, but it's never been brought to my attention since. AIM+ is installed 'per user', rather than 'per machine' (this is referring to NT user accounts, not AIM accounts, for anybody who is unfamiliar with this..).

I have heard of people who were getting the 'registry settings corrupt' message for unknown reasons, this may have been their problem as well, I'll have to ask.

But, could you try and install AIM+ on account "B", and see what happens? If it then works for both accounts, or if it does cause account "A" to have the same problems (if it doesn't work with both accounts, re-installing for whichever one you want to use more, or at the time, should fix it). Please let me know what happens :).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
akadajet
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by akadajet »

I had the exact same problem. To fix it, just log onto the account that works. Next you goto start :: run a, type in "regedit" amd click OK. Next expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER :: Software and hilight "Big-O" goto file :: export and save it as big-o.reg in a place thats easy to remember (I'll go ahead and recommend C:/Program Files/AIM+). Now log off, and log into the account which gives you the error. Use explorer to find the .reg file you made. Double click on it and append it to the registry. Problem solved!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Awesome, akadajet, I'm glad to hear you got it working for both accounts, that's good news..

But, re-installing AIM+ while running the second account should also create those registry keys, too?

What happens when you try re-installing under the second account?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

I had the same problem with it not working across multiple accounts. I figured that it only installed per user, so I just installed it on the other accounts to and that works just fine :D
akadajet
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by akadajet »

lol, I guess I just solved it the hard way then. Whenever somthing doesn't work for me, I always fire up regedit. 8)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

akadajet wrote:lol, I guess I just solved it the hard way then. Whenever somthing doesn't work for me, I always fire up regedit. 8)
Same here. Regedit is the answer! But I think yours was actually the easy way.