Is AIM+ a module or?

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

SupraX
Just Registered
Just Registered

Is AIM+ a module or?

Post by SupraX »

I know you guys probly don't want to reveal what the inner workings are of AIM+... At the least I figured you could reveal how it "changes" aim, because this is nothing special, or so I think. I can't seem to find any docs online. I am mainly intrested if there is a way to activate the admin module in AIM and I have been working on trying to make my own oscar server :o , but I can not get the offical client to connect :x . So anything I can find out is usefull. Stupid AOL...

--SupraX--
ImmortalBlade

Post by ImmortalBlade »

Wanna send any over any links or docs to me? I would be intrested in helping. Bladegraphics2@hotmail.com
OmegaDraconis

oscar server

Post by OmegaDraconis »

Well if you looking for info on the oscar server i would look at http://aimdoc.sourceforge.net/OSCARdoc/. Aim filter lets you see what aim sends to the server and is found at http://www.ssnbc.com/wiz/. Also if your running linux there is libfaim, which will talk to the aim server, not sure where you can find it right now. If you get your serner to work i would like to know about it. I know Visual Basic and i working on learning c++ so if your looking for help i might be able to provide something.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

hmm

Post by Plasma2002b »

that sounds tight.... id be interested in help[in out with that too. Haha, we could all start a lil programming community here ya know. Contact me/us/whatever, lol....

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Just as a general question SupraX .. what would be the point of having your own Oscar server?? Maybe you could tell me advantages over the regular Oscar server?? Just curious..
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

xWastedMindx wrote:Just as a general question SupraX .. what would be the point of having your own Oscar server?? Maybe you could tell me advantages over the regular Oscar server?? Just curious..

You could essentially change AIMs server side values to tweak it however you wanted. There are some things that AIM+ can't really change because they are all server side. But even if you got it up and running... and got your client to connect to it, you'd be the only one on there, how do you intend to talk to everyone else?