Recursive Directories During SFV Creation

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

martoQ

Recursive Directories During SFV Creation

Post by martoQ »

While many use SFV for file transfers over usenet and such, I sometimes us it for simple transfers from workstations to problematic file storage servers which have a tendency to corrupt files. What would be nice is this:

Recursive SFV Directory file creation.

For example: My Documents. I would to go recursively through my documents and create SFVs for each of the directories, or even one big sfv for each directory, doesn't matter how just so long as I don't have to goto 20 different directories to create and SFV file for each directory.

BTW, awesome app.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Great Suggestions..

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Recursive File Creation: This is definitely in the works, as I too would like to use SFV's for a similar purpose as the one you described..

(History for the curious: Recursive SFV checking was added as an afterthought to an early version of hkSFV32, since it was immediately the most requested feature - but I just couldn't squeeze recursive SFV creation into the existing framework w/o a big rewrite - but now that rewrite is in the works, so now this and other big things can definitely be expected in the next release)

Also, thank you for your suggestions, and kind words about the app :)

-Ryan K. Evans
Big-O Software
martoQ

re:

Post by martoQ »

That is GREAT news, thank you for all your hard work.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

This feature has been added for the upcoming new version of hkSFV.
-Mark
Big-O Software