The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

chadwick1122
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by chadwick1122 »

So if there arent gonna be any more releases/updates of AIM+ :( , will any of the new programs you plan on making have anything to do with AIM?
Merlinthegray
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Merlinthegray »

Well...I have 2 things to say.

1: Back the hell off the devs. Real life is more important than the convenience of a bunch of nerds using AIM... that being said... let them be and bask in the work they all ready have done. Find a way to use it without making them go through more turmoil...

2: www.oldversion.com has all versions of AIM there. Download the current AIM+ and an Older version of AIM. Damn...wasn't that easier than bitching at the devs for 2 weeks?...

Cheers
bryan988
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by bryan988 »

YOU BIG-O PEOPLE SUCK FOR NOT RELEASING THE NEW VERSION!
Evil
Just Registered
Just Registered

SHUT UP

Post by Evil »

jeez SHUT UP to byran, jeez what a idiot
-Evil
voltron

Post by voltron »

everyone needs to dip their nuts in lysol and realize: use AIM 4.8 and AIM+ v2.2 or whatever. it's been working and it will continue to work, there's NO reason to go to aim version 5.0

voltron
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

is there ne chance that you may release it at a later date once youve cooled off and the harrassment has died down....or is this a definate answer for now??
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PCSoCcER03 wrote:is there ne chance that you may release it at a later date once youve cooled off and the harrassment has died down....or is this a definate answer for now??
Mark / Ryan made an edit to the first post ...the initial statement about everything..
... we don't have plans to release any more AIM+, including bug fixes or compatibility updates. What the above should have said is that it's something we're considering. But I think that, at this point, another 2.x release of AIM+ would simply be a huge disappointment to all.
Does that answer your question?
FuzzzyLAd
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by FuzzzyLAd »

Can't like Ryan Give some info to a nouther kid and let him make it or pass it down to his freinds or something becasue AIM just sux with AIM + !!!!! and if tta ever happeans mabe they can add more Smilies to AIM becasue AOL gets new smiles but of course not AIM users don't!!!! or does no how to get new smiles??? EAmil me focker1169@cox.net :D
AHHHH I LOVE AIM+
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

FuzzzyLAd wrote:Can't like Ryan Give some info to a nouther kid and let him make it or pass it down to his freinds or something becasue AIM just sux with AIM + !!!!!
I think you mean to say without AIM+ by the tone of your message. And that question has already been answered.
Big-O Mark wrote:IF the source were released, it would most likely be open to anyone who wants to use it, as we haven't really considered passing the torch to one person or one team.
Go to this thread for anymore previously answered questions:
http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2265[/i]
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Merlinthegray
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Merlinthegray »

I'd just suggest making a final statment and locking this thread... its gotten far too out of hand... the issue is that AIM+3 is not going to be released. AIM+ 2.X bugs and features, as well as compatibility will not be done. AIM+ is now in its final, unaltered, official state.

If you want to continue to use AIM+ with AIM... go to www.oldversion.com (as stated in a previous post of mine) get an older version and use that. AIM doesn't require you to have the most up to date versions so there is no reason to be using AIM 5.... just go back to the old one, and leave the devs alone. You're only adding to the problem.
perrytheprez
Addict
Addict

Post by perrytheprez »

all those people that have "attacked" you guys(Big-O Mark and Ryan) should be dragged behind a school bus, to the town square, where they should be forced to watch re-runs of soap-operas while they eat liver mush*ewwwwwwwwwwww*. no, maybe not. not many people should have that much torture.
J.P.
Ymeaga1n

Post by Ymeaga1n »

voltron wrote:everyone needs to dip their nuts in lysol and realize: use AIM 4.8 and AIM+ v2.2 or whatever. it's been working and it will continue to work, there's NO reason to go to aim version 5.0

voltron
Actually there kinda is....5.x brings big new features to AIM (cell phone stuff and ICQ stuff new interface...etc.)
Ymeaga1n

Post by Ymeaga1n »

aclauser wrote:May Bill Gates be replaced by the likes of Ryan, and Mark.
Why? So like we could be promised that the next version of Windows will be released (Longhorn) then 3 days before it comes out they tell us they can't release it cuz of threats?

lol sorry i just had to say that
Merlinthegray
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Merlinthegray »

A bit out of line with that last comment...

In reference to the new features of AIM 5. I really ... really doubt those new features are nearly as useful as AIM+... You may have to choose, but it should be a wholly easy choice. I all ready have chose AIM+ over AIM 5. Here's the link again, for those who don't want to scroll up.

www.oldversion.com
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

well i mean if you use aim+ for clonging only you can clone aim 5.x with no problem it just wont get rid of ads, log etc.
tone