Anyone got an iPod?

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Anyone got an iPod?

Post by btvillarin »

I've just ordered one off of eBay, and I'm sorta anxious to get it. I've got a PC, so I won't be using that iTunes software. But, I think it includes Musicmatch Plus 7.x. The latest version is 8.0.

Do you need the plus version to synch songs back and forth from my desktop, or does the basic version work just fine? Any other cool stuff I might need to know when I get it?

Oh yeah, even better...I got one of them handy iRock things to play songs thru my radio. I'm sure it'll be handy in my car. I'm pretty stoked. :D

(I didn't go all out cuz...do you really need 30GB? I only got a 10GB model. I think it's a 3G, but I think it'll at least hold all of my favorite stuff.)

Thanks.
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin.com | My System Rig
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

I have one, its sweet. I use a program called EphPod (free download) to trasnfer songs because Musicmatch and all its gayness is not allowed on my computer.

Make sure you "unmount" it so it doesn't say "do not disconnect" when its connected.

Any more questions just post, I'm happy to answer.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Thanks!

Here's the link for those looking in:

http://www.ephpod.com
Bryan T. Villarin
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Me wants an iPod. But I'm not gonna get one until I get me a PowerBook. The Macintosh version of the iPod is so much better than the Windows version.
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

I'd assume iTunes is so much better, being that's it's geared towards the iPod. I wish they'd reconsider all of us who are on PCs to port it to Windows.

Oh yeah, another question:

What if I use Palm Desktop for my Palm-based PDA? Does that work importing it from my PC onto the iPod?
Bryan T. Villarin
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Nevermind my last question:

How do I get Contacts from Palm Desktop's Address Book onto my iPod?

Palm2ipod

This site seems to be really helpful for new iPod users...I've been lookin' around for awhile: iPodlounge
Bryan T. Villarin
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

DADINK13 wrote:Me wants an iPod. But I'm not gonna get one until I get me a PowerBook. The Macintosh version of the iPod is so much better than the Windows version.
They don't have separate versions anymore... But yes, if you use it with a Macintosh, you have more features still, I believe.
btvillarin
Addict
Addict

Post by btvillarin »

Just got mine yesterday, finally...and got the cheezy iRock FM transmitter today.

With EphPod and the Palm2iPod plugin for Palm Desktop, I feel pretty settled in. Contacts and address book are all synchronized, and I've setup a few RSS feeds onto it. All I have to do is get my ID3 tags straightened up on my computer, then I'll be all good.

I got this DLO Jam Jacket from CompUSA for $20, but I'm not sure if that's the best option. I just want to protect it from scratches and light bumps, and that's all. Any better options? I have...13 days to return it. :)

Oh yeah, and what's the best cleaner you've used for the screen, white...part and metal back?
Bryan T. Villarin