Aim + runtime error

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

kern
Just Registered
Just Registered

Aim + runtime error

Post by kern »

i'm running aim+ on windows xp, ver 5.2, this also happened while running on windows 98

i sign on buddylist loads then i get a run time error you know the C++ and it shuts it down..
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

AIM broke AIM+ (on purpsose).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

very true...uninstall AIM 5.2 and get AIM 4.8.2790, or get middle_man from http://middleman.krunchsoftware.com
CrazyWeirdo88
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ crashing

Post by CrazyWeirdo88 »

hey, yea, ugh! god damnit AIM crashing was sooo irritating! and i never realized it was because I was using AIM 5.2...but then I upgraded it, so its all good now :wow:

How to Upgrade:
1. Make sure you ave your upgrading prefernces set at "Beta and Final Releases" (My AIM>Edit Options>Edit Prefrences>Sigh On/Off>Auto Upgrade>Beta and Final Releases)
2. UPGRADE!! :D (1. Select the My AIM menu on the Buddy List window.

2. Click Upgrade AIM.

3. The system displays a dialog box, indicating what version of the software you are currently running.

4. Click Upgrade Now to download the software, then install it onto your computer.

Note: If the Upgrade AIM option is not shown on the My AIM menu, it means that you are already running the latest version of AIM (based upon your automatic upgrade setting), and you don’t need to upgrade your software.)
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Re: AIM+ crashing

Post by Plasma2002b »

CrazyWeirdo88 wrote:hey, yea, ugh! god damnit AIM crashing was sooo irritating! and i never realized it was because I was using AIM 5.2...but then I upgraded it, so its all good now :wow:

How to Upgrade:
1. Make sure you ave your upgrading prefernces set at "Beta and Final Releases" (My AIM>Edit Options>Edit Prefrences>Sigh On/Off>Auto Upgrade>Beta and Final Releases)
2. UPGRADE!! :D (1. Select the My AIM menu on the Buddy List window.

2. Click Upgrade AIM.

3. The system displays a dialog box, indicating what version of the software you are currently running.

4. Click Upgrade Now to download the software, then install it onto your computer.

Note: If the Upgrade AIM option is not shown on the My AIM menu, it means that you are already running the latest version of AIM (based upon your automatic upgrade setting), and you don’t need to upgrade your software.)
or you could go to www.aim.com :roll:

but besides.... if your wanting to use AIM+, you need to DOWNGRADE..... oy

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!