Interesting thought about away messages...

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Interesting thought about away messages...

Post by Master Jedi »

Perhaps there could be a series of different types of away messages, for instance:

On the phone (a telephone icon would be next to the s/n instead of that little note)
In school (a notebook)
Be right back (a BRB icon)
etc...

I think this could be implemented by putting comment tags in away messages that wouldn't show up. <!--Phone--> for a telephone type message. Then when a user changes away status, AIM+ would check the away message discreetly to determine the message type and display the icon. Of course, it would only work for AIM+ users.
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

I think that's something that would be better solved by AOL themselves, although they don't seem to care what their users want all that much. I think that this would require too much coding for it to only work with AIM+ users that use this code in their away messages.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

jeez... i been sayin this a lot..... just make an HTML page on your desktop or sumthin with a lot of links to different away messages for AIM..... that way you could just click a link and it will set you as away with that message.... and if ya wanted to get fancy, make it all nice and stuff and seperate it however ya want with catagories and stuff, lol

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

lol not everyone is as smart as you.........it would be pretty easy to make though
tone
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

hmmm.... thanx for bringing up this old ass post, lol.... me thinks im gonna take my own suggestion and make one :P

ill make one and show yall to get the 'Aim'ers Community Approval' :D lol

(ps.... somebody remind me to get to work on it! most likley when i get home ill forget all about it...... oh, and i never really said my other SN anywhere else, but its 'gautbrian' just in case theres some of my stalkers here and really wanna talk to me.)

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

If half the world was as smart as you Plasma.... I would be scared. Off topic... does the b in the SN mean beta?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

lol.... nice touch, but actually, it means brian. (mi name)

but i like beta.... lol... hmmm............

nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

................ Isnt that the same thing as making ur away msg in the aim software? I dont see how special u can make it by putting a link where people dont even wanna lcick to find out where you are... well thats the lazy person view anyways.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I was actually kinda confused about this my self. All though you could organize them this way. I used to think that AIM put them in aphabatical order... but that was not the case... then I thought it put them in the order of when it was last used, but that does not seem to be it either. Once again AOL has succeded in confusing one more inocent person.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ