AIM+ and KaZaA

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Prodigal
Just Registered
Just Registered

AIM+ and KaZaA

Post by Prodigal »

I noticed when I'm running AIM+ (the newest current version) and KaZaA (also the newest current version) I've been having some problems. First off, KaZaA will freeze up and then when I try to do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete it freezes my computer. The other thing is sometimes my buddy list will be moved up into a smaller window of the buddy list in the upper left hand corner and when I send or receive IMs they dont show up. Just thought I'd let you know and was hoping there were some possible fixes for it. I use Windows ME.
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

first of all, im asuming ur version of kazz is from kazaa.com. so for you, kazaa is a virus. so uninstall it, and get www.kazaalite.com
EvilJolly
Addict
Addict

Post by EvilJolly »

lol don't scare him like that. Kazaa is not a virus, but it does have spyware in it and is very very evil. I use kazaalite myself also and like it much more.
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

might i add it is faster
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

Kazaalite.com has been down for a while. Google for it and you'll find it though.

By the way, I haven't any problems here on my win2k box.
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

hey yall... i heard about kazaalite, but i dont know what it really is... kinda lazy to go find it tho, lol...

whats the difference?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
a big sombrero
Addict
Addict

Post by a big sombrero »

kazaa lite is spyware free. it contains no double click, bonzi, altnet (which is malicious) things like that. spyware+kazaa=bad
Thyme
Addict
Addict

Post by Thyme »

Nono... Kazaa=(Bad)(Spyware)
Puns don't kill people. People kill people... usually with guns, knives, or something else physically threatening... puns just don't quite cut it... unlike knives, which cut a lot of things...
Punny Buddy Icons: assbuddy.tk
timrosenfeld
Addict
Addict

Post by timrosenfeld »

to let you guys know... the new KazaaLite webpage is located at http://www.k-lite.tk.
ZeroAvengerX

idiots...

Post by ZeroAvengerX »

it's great that you all have this wonderful knowledge of kazaa and kazaa lite, whoop de do so do i

NONE OF YOU ANSWERED THE DAMN QUESTION :evil: :x

dear poster,
i remember when i was on windows ME, so i know this is a problem for windows 9x clients only (win 9x includes any version of windows BEFORE 2k meaning 95/98/ME)
the reason you get this problem is because of your CPU usage! KaZaA uses a lot of ram to begin with, and AIM does also, with the AIM+ addon thats at least 100 megabytes of ram usage all together, when a computer has low ram it has a tendancy to glitch up like that (if you're on a win9x client, usually newer versions of windows dont do this)
in conclusion the reason this happens is you are using too many things for your computer to handle at once so it fucks up

if you have any other questions ask me
- Eric
super05485
Just Registered
Just Registered

ummm

Post by super05485 »

Umm ok if u delet kazaa to get kazaa lite, can i still save all my songs i had on kazaa?
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

all your songs are saved in the "C:\pregram files\kazaa\my shared folder" directory...... so if you uninstall kazaa, make sure you dont delete those....

put them in a different directory (like 'My Documents\My Music') then delete it to be safe

from this post, i can tell you use kazaa to listen to ur music.... go download winamp. (www.winamp.com).... its WAY better and faster and it doesnt freeze like ur kazaa.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

if u have lots of songs, and have only one drive eg. (c:\) and u have a lot of space available on it, then split it in to multiple drives. so just save ur songs to like x:\ where x is the new drive. best program to get is partition magic :D
super05485
Just Registered
Just Registered

ok

Post by super05485 »

Ok well i saved all my songs and that and it worked cuz i uninstalled kazaa and yeah i use it to listen to music, but if i dl that thing from www.winamp.com, can i like load my songs on it so i can use it like a play list liek how kazaa has?
killcrap
Addict
Addict

Post by killcrap »

winamp is completely different program, u have to open the mp3 in windows to play it in winamp, kazaa player sucks ass, winamp is much better. u can make play lists, and load play lists, and etc. so just forget what u learned from kazaa. and just use winamp for mp3 playing.