Away message trick

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Away message trick

Post by Master Jedi »

If you use the registry editor to add the following away message, then set yourself as away using the message, the message will nont appear in your info when someone clicks get buddy info, and your screenname will not have the away indicater on their budy list. However, when they IM you they will recieve the away message which can mimic an actual conversation.

Code: Select all

<title>lol</title><HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">i'm away<HR></BODY></HTML><HTML><BODY><B><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" LANG="0">idejsecrofkrad<!-- (%t)--></B></FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT SIZE=1>ok</FONT></BODY></HTML><BR><HTML><BODY><B><FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=3>%n</B><FONT SIZE="-1"><!-- (%t)--></FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR="#ff0000">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> i am madly in love with you</FONT></BODY></HTML><BR><HTML><BODY><B><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" LANG="0">idejsecrofkrad<!-- (%t)--></B></FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT SIZE=1>yes, i know</FONT></BODY></HTML><BR><HTML><BODY><B><FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE=3>%n</B><FONT SIZE="-1"><!-- (%t)--></FONT></FONT><FONT COLOR="#ff0000">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> but i can't live without you</FONT></BODY></HTML><HR><HTML><BODY><B><FONT COLOR="#0000ff" LANG="0">Auto response from idejsecrofkrad<FONT SIZE="-1"><!-- (%t)--></FONT></B></FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff">:</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"> </FONT><FONT SIZE=1>not here</FONT></BODY></HTML>
Will produce:
-------------
auto response from idejsecrofkrad: i'm away
-------------
idejsecrofkrad: ok
their s/n: i am madly in love with you
idejsecrofkrad: yes, i know
their s/n: but i can't live without you
-------------
auto response from idjsecrofkrad: not here
-------------

Replace the idejsecrofkrad with your screenname and give it a try
Attachments
test.gif
test.gif (13.9 KiB) Viewed 9998 times
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Oh yeah, if you enable timestaps they work too.
J3utton
Addict
Addict

Post by J3utton »

wait... how do you make that work???

Yes, im stupid, i dont know anything...
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

J3utton wrote:wait... how do you make that work???

Yes, im stupid, i dont know anything...
hehe u're not the only one i dont get how to work dat either... may b u can explain it for us stupid people :lol: ... 8)

~1~
~LuNaTiC~
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Edit the attached text file as follows:

Open the file in notepad and hit Ctrl-H for find and replace. Put idejsecrofkrad in the find box and your screenname in the replace box. Hit replace all. Rename the file to a .reg file and run it. It should add the away message to your list.

Note: do not edit the message with the AIM away message editor, or the message will be messed up.
Attachments
reg.zip
(647 Bytes) Downloaded 543 times
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

thats great..lmao!
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Terran

Post by Terran »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:Edit the attached text file as follows:

Open the file in notepad and hit Ctrl-H for find and replace.
OK? when I hit "Ctrl+H" nothing happens? wtf???! what am I doing wrong
I'm the firestarter punkin' instigator
Matt

Post by Matt »

Terran wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:Edit the attached text file as follows:

Open the file in notepad and hit Ctrl-H for find and replace.
OK? when I hit "Ctrl+H" nothing happens? wtf???! what am I doing wrong
in notepad, Ctrl+H opens find and replace (as what idejsecrofkrad said). another way to find it is to go to the edit menu and click replace and that should do the trick :wink:
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
kuo83
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by kuo83 »

what part of that exactly makes it so that the away icon doesn't appear next to name on buddy-list and it doesn't appear in the profile? i tried removing parts of it but when i did it no longer worked....please help....if possible please IM me too....kuo83 is always online.....
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

The message including code has to be more than 1024 chars. Won't work for some AOL or all Trillian users though.
ecstasis0
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ecstasis0 »

it is already possible for you to be online but seen as away...just simply go into your preferences and click on "away message" then choose a previously saved message a click im away several times...after approx. 10 clicks you will be seen as away but can still talk to people online...people look at your profile and can read your away message but you can talk to the people you want to...and this can be removed by just putting a new away message up and clicking im back
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:The message including code has to be more than 1024 chars. Won't work for some AOL or all Trillian users though.
So if you have one that is to short you can just throw in a bunch of opening and closing tags ( <font></font> <font></font> ) over and over again.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

aclauser wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:The message including code has to be more than 1024 chars. Won't work for some AOL or all Trillian users though.
So if you have one that is to short you can just throw in a bunch of opening and closing tags ( <font></font> <font></font> ) over and over again.
That's right.
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

I've added "<font></font> <font></font>" many many times, definitely enough to be 1024 characters, yet the away message can still be seen in my profile and the notepad is still next to my name...is this cuz i'm running AIM 5.x?
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Dice599 wrote:I've added "<font></font> <font></font>" many many times, definitely enough to be 1024 characters, yet the away message can still be seen in my profile and the notepad is still next to my name...is this cuz i'm running AIM 5.x?
Yes, I think so.