Unlimited number of away messages

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Matt

Unlimited number of away messages

Post by Matt »

I dont know if this was said before like a long time ago or something...but I would like to see more away messages added...as of right now, i have one for almost everything I do...and it gets annoying becuase when i want to add a new one, an old one gets deleted...just thought i'd say this...it doesn't need to get incorporated into AIM+ (if it even will be) right away...just keep up the good work BIG-O guys! I really like your stuff :wink:
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Hmm I've never maxed out on away messages, what is the limit?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

jester22c wrote:Hmm I've never maxed out on away messages, what is the limit?
There's a limit!?!?!? :o
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

DADINK13 wrote:
jester22c wrote:Hmm I've never maxed out on away messages, what is the limit?
There's a limit!?!?!? :o
I was going to ask the same question, but I didn't want everyone to think I was dumb for not knowing. I don't feel so dumb anymore :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:I was going to ask the same question, but I didn't want everyone to think I was dumb for not knowing. I don't feel so dumb anymore :).
Hey, at least another dummy beat you to it! :P

But back to the away messages...
At one point I had my list of away messages that touched the tops and bottoms of my screen (1024x768), so that mustve been like about 40 or so messages. So my best guess is that there is no limit. But then again, I'm sure someone out there has had tons more than I did. :lol:
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think when I get home I am going to figure out the limit. Yes yes I know I have no life.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

As a temporary fix, you can make a web page with links to set all your away messages like so:

<a href="aim:goaway?message=I'm+not+here+right+now.">Not here now</a>

I dunno...just a suggestion. Sometimes I IM links like that to my friends and then they click it and get set to away. It's funny.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:As a temporary fix, you can make a web page with links to set all your away messages like so:

<a href="aim:goaway?message=I'm+not+here+right+now.">Not here now</a>

I dunno...just a suggestion. Sometimes I IM links like that to my friends and then they click it and get set to away. It's funny.

LOL making your friends go to away mode... I like it
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

As user Aclauser suggested...make lots of away messages to see what the limit is...

So far, I got 100 away messages set, excluding the 2 default one. So I guess its 102. :-)

I dont think there is a limit.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

xWastedMindx wrote:As user Aclauser suggested...make lots of away messages to see what the limit is...

So far, I got 100 away messages set, excluding the 2 default one. So I guess its 102. :-)

I dont think there is a limit.

I don't think there is either. I wouldn't even imagine the AOL boys thinking there should be one...

whaddayasay KooLTaB101? what are you talking about?
Matt

Post by Matt »

okay okay...so many of you proved that there isn't a limit...i just realized that my old ones were stored in the actual away list in the prefs...somehow when i click on my away list on the actual buddy list, it only shows 33...i dont know if this is a problem for anyone else or if its just me...but anyway, i got some of you to think...which is pretty funny! :D

but seriously, does anyone show only 33 or something...b/c if so, then i want to correct this