Transparency Issue

Report problems you've had using AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Post by Guest »

The transparency settings for the buddy list window are not saved at all (i.e., once you either close the buddy list, miniminze to taskbar, or close the application, when you restore it there is zero transparency). IM windows do not seem to suffer from the same glitch.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

I'm not experiencing this in the slightest, is anyone else?

-Ryan K. Evans
Big-O Software
dangold

Post by dangold »

I also have not noticed any problems in this respect.
-Dan Goldshlack
SupraX
Just Registered
Just Registered

Transparency

Post by SupraX »

I also am haveing problems with the transparency settings being saved. I'm running win2k SP2.
kinghowdy

Re:

Post by kinghowdy »

I've noticed that once you dock the buddy list window it is not transparent and then when undocked it remains non-transparent
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Re:

Post by Big-O Ryan »

[quote="kinghowdy"]
I've noticed that once you dock the buddy list window it is not transparent and then when undocked it remains non-transparent
[/quote]

This is a known issue - "by design", you might say. The docked window can't be transparent, and after it's been docked, you'll need to close/re-open it for the transparency setting to take effect.

Not saving the transparency setting, however, sounds like a bug - if you're experiencing this problem, have a bit of time and would like to help me get it fixed, please drop me a line with your AIM/ICQ info (e-mail me or PM me).

-Ryan
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

mine doesn't work at all...the bars won't move
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

The transparency features require Windows 2000 or Windows XP (or later versions of windows ;) ). If your are running an older OS, the sliders will be disabled, and (as you mentioned) will not move.