10%
I tried it and it sucked so I don't use it anymore
No votes
I've never used it
54%

Total votes: 41

ElRonco

Post by ElRonco »

I d/led the most recent version (2) and it still crashes with the same error. It crashes with "working" being displayed. I can actually load the program if I move all the AIM+ histories to another directory, leaving AIM+ History empty. It still crashes with the same error upon exiting.
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

the only issue i have is that it's kinda slow....but the features are great!
is the speed a symptom of VB in general or the code itself?
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

well elronco is right...i can't edit either...it keeps saying "error in deleting post"...

anywho, my other suggestion would to be moving all your .gif files/.html files to a subdirectory of aim+ called "images" or something...just a little cleanup so everything doesn't look so cluttered.
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Well, I have no probs with that very well done AIM History Viewer 2.0.0! It's great! :)

Please let me know, when you make some adds to it idejsecrofkrad ;) jff2k@*nospam*web.de
Mercedes-Benz Fanpage - www.mb-portal.net
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I d/led the most recent version (2) and it still crashes with the same error. It crashes with "working" being displayed. I can actually load the program if I move all the AIM+ histories to another directory, leaving AIM+ History empty. It still crashes with the same error upon exiting.
I don't think the problem has to do with the history viewer. Maybe your computer is screwed up.

OMG, I can't edit that first post! I deleted the version 2 .zip file to replace it with an update, but I can't upload the update! Well...here it is. I hope everyone can find it.
Who Gives A Dam
Just Registered
Just Registered

Nice Work

Post by Who Gives A Dam »

Some nice work goin into this viewer, the only probs ive gotten was it crashing when trying to open some html's with the <BINARY> tags :sad:

All that really needs done is a directory for the pics, or to be able to load the pics from the same directory as the html. Loading from the same directory as the html's only requires changing one line too. :D

Well anyway, keep up the good work :D
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Hi idejsecrofkrad,
Thank you for e-mailing me your update!

The forum is really buggy at the moment! :(
Who Gives A Dam
Just Registered
Just Registered

It FINALLY WORKED!!!

Anyway, I had some crashing with AIM history files, probably saved through AIM, which have the <BINARY> tag in them, so setting up something to ignore those might be a nice idea in case they get inserted

Also either having a directory to hold all the pics, or changing the one line necessary in the code so you can load the pics from the same directory as the html's would be nice too.

Anyway, keep up the good work, idejsecrofkrad :D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Anyway, I had some crashing with AIM history files, probably saved through AIM, which have the <BINARY> tag in them, so setting up something to ignore those might be a nice idea in case they get inserted
Send me a file or two that causes it to crash and I'll see if I can't fix it.
Who Gives A Dam
Just Registered
Just Registered

This is how the code was set up, just took out the convo and data in the data tag, just paste it into a HTML

<!-- 12:18:22-29604bc -->
<BASE TARGET="_new">
<HTML><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT COLOR="#000000">Binary Tag Crashes History Viewer</FONT></BODY></HTML><BR><BINARY><STYLE><DATA ID="1" SIZE="9988"></DATA></STYLE></BINARY>

oh and i mentioned loadin pics from the same dir as the htm, you just have to change the "wbrWeb.Navigate Node.Key" line in tvwTree_NodeClick() to "wbrWeb.Navigate LogDir & "\" & Node.Key", at least this way people could load the pics and have them in the same dir as the convo
ElRonco

Post by ElRonco »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:
I don't think the problem has to do with the history viewer. Maybe your computer is screwed up.

OMG, I can't edit that first post! I deleted the version 2 .zip file to replace it with an update, but I can't upload the update! Well...here it is. I hope everyone can find it.
Yeah, that really fixes all the problems :roll:

I noticed that the viewer uses elements if IE. :sad: I use Opera as my default browser and have IE disabled as much as possible. Just thinking this might be the possible problem. Not everyone uses IE as the default browser. :D
jff2k

Post by jff2k »

Hi ElRonco,

You have "disabled" the IE as much as possible? Oh, then try to re-enable it ;) Of course you can use opera as your default browser! I just tried it with Netscape 7 as my default browser and the viewer is still working. Hope you've not deleted the MS IE-files...

@idejsecrofkrad:
Hope you've received the mail 'bout the bottom scrollbars with Windows XP.
ElRonco

Post by ElRonco »

jff2k wrote:Hi ElRonco,

You have "disabled" the IE as much as possible? Oh, then try to re-enable it ;) Of course you can use opera as your default browser! I just tried it with Netscape 7 as my default browser and the viewer is still working. Hope you've not deleted the MS IE-files...
Not really disabled other than IE is not the default browser. I really hate IE and only use it for Windows updates.

The first thing that comes to mind is NOT "I don't think the problem has to do with the history viewer. Maybe your computer is screwed up" Obviously there is an incompatibility somewhere. And I don't have any issues with any other program than I have ever tried to run on this system. Just trying to come up with an answer.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

IE not being your default browser shouldn't be an issue. You said it crashes in the initial phase when it says "working". All it does at that point is read the subfolders in your log directory. So it should add a node to the tree for each screen name that has logged into AIM on your computer and has logs. All it does is open the log directory, get the names of the subdirectories, and close the log directory. The code is right, or it wouldn't work for everyone else. You might try installing the VB 6 runtime files: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... US;q235420

If it still doesn't work, make sure you have the controls packages I listed earlier in this thread.
ElRonco

Post by ElRonco »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:IE not being your default browser shouldn't be an issue. You said it crashes in the initial phase when it says "working". All it does at that point is read the subfolders in your log directory. So it should add a node to the tree for each screen name that has logged into AIM on your computer and has logs. All it does is open the log directory, get the names of the subdirectories, and close the log directory. The code is right, or it wouldn't work for everyone else. You might try installing the VB 6 runtime files: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... US;q235420

If it still doesn't work, make sure you have the controls packages I listed earlier in this thread.
I had vb6 runtimes & ver 6 of the controls, i re-installed the runtimes for the hell of it. it still crashes at the same point. It has to be in the way it parses the directories, if I move the entire history dir or just empty the dir, the program loads ok, but will crash on exit with the same error. I tried with just one history dir, and it locks as soon as it starts. Very strange indeed. As I said before, I don't have any problem with any other program that I have ever tried to run on this system, that includes vb6 proggies too. Not sure what to try next.