Any ETA on the new version?

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Any ETA on the new version?

Post by Guest »

I guess the subject says it all. :)
Is there an ETA on the new version of hkSFV?
There are a couple of features I'm waiting anxiously for (they have been suggested in the forum). ;)
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Hopefully in the next few weeks we'll have a new version of hkSFV ready that will implement some of the most common feature requests. Keep checking back for updates!

You may want to go over to the hkSFV Feature Requests forum and post your support and ideas for the features you would like to see in upcoming versions. You also may want to register an account for the forums, it makes it easier for everyone to follow the discussions and there are a few other nice features on the forums that can only be used by registered users. It would be a good idea if you plan on sticking around and participating in the discussions :).
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Just wanted to give anyone anxiously awaiting a new version of hkSFV an update ...

We should have an update ready relatively soon. We have added some of the most requested features and fixed a few persistant bugs. We'd like to add in a few more new features before we release the next version. Hopefully the entire package will be ready for release in the next few weeks :D. Keep checking back for more updates!
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

when is the new version coming?
Spiff00
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Spiff00 »

Any new info? Is it dead?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Spiff00 wrote:Any new info? Is it dead?
Far from dead. Ryan is still hard at work...
If you'd like to help keep it alive.. you can donate to Big-O-Software. All funds will goto helping hkSFV get on Download.com :)
http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=3573
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Hopefully sooner than later :D.

We currently have a new version of hkSFV in development with some features added and many bugs fixed. However, we hope to add even more features and bugfixes before the next version is released to the public. Free time isn't always easy to come by, but we're getting as much work done when we can.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Although overall progress has been slower than expected, recently we have had some free time and invested a lot of it into the next version of hkSFV. To date, there are a ton of bugfixes a few much needed features. We hope to have the latest public release ready very soon :D. Here are a few screenshots of the latest developmental version of hkSFV:

New 32-bit icons:

Comment font and size options:

-Mark
Big-O Software

Nice

Post by Guest »

Looks really nice. Will it have a "result file" feauture??? :?: :roll:
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Thanks for the comments :D. As of now, the results file feature has not been finalized for the next release. It's in the works for the future, I'm just not sure if it will make it into the next release or not.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

ok, to bad since its the only thing im missing in this great tool.. looking forward to the new version.. :cheesy:
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

What did you use to make the 32-bit icons?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

We actually didn't make the 32-bit icons ourselves. A user requested that we add 32-bit icon support, and posted the icons he made himself. We were very impressed with them and they looked very nice once they were inserted into the program, and with his blessing it is now official. Here is the thread where the icons were posted:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=3404

A quick PM to the author of the thread should point you in the right direction :D.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

This is taking far too long...
I've lost all hope that I had for this app to get the bugfixes and the added features in the near future...
As of now, I've stopped using hkSFV altogether as there are far better SFV checkers out there (same features, less bugs).
And now to find out that the results file feature won't be added to the next release (which should've have been out months ago according to the posts above) just doesn't make hkSFV any better. It will be just another SFV checker without any special features compared to the others.
Maybe I'll drop by this forum in six months or a year to see if a version with results file has been released.

Until then... :(
MidKnight
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by MidKnight »

couldn't have said it better myself