Removing The "Playing Game" Away Message?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

smai
Just Registered
Just Registered

Removing The "Playing Game" Away Message?

Post by smai »

sorry if this has been posted already.. but that god damn playing game away message has been bugging me for a while.. i know there's a way to do it, i just can't find it.. and i've been searching here for a while, still no luck.. can anyone link to a forum or give me instructions on how to do it? THANK YOU :cheesy:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

that message.... .. I had to look for is because I have so many then I reliezed I still had it. I just deleted mine. What you have to do go to run and run regedit. Then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -- SOFTWARE----America Online--AOL Instanted messager --- then your screen name you what to delete it from -- I am gone list. From there you need to find the regersity key that it is in. YOu will have to look down in the data colum for hte one that has Playing game in it and just delet that key and boom it is permenly gone
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Timeless... You have not restarted AIM since... Have you?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
smai
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by smai »

yeah.. i don't think that works cause i fianlly found the thing and deleted it and restarted aim and the bitch was still there... but i probably got the wrong thing.. i dunno
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

It can't be done... Well I'm sure there is a solution (Use a add-on that would removed it everytime), but it will always come back... What you could do is simply change the text in it to a away message that you would use anyways, so at least it is not taking up space.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

PhaseDMA wrote:Timeless... You have not restarted AIM since... Have you?
Nope but it also just remade it self at the bottom of the list. Now it bugging me and I want it gone
Jrrtt37
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jrrtt37 »

you could just.. Edit it.

thats what i did.
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit

HTML is OFF
BBCode is ON
Smilies are ON
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I wish I was smart enough to think of that.
PhaseDMA wrote:What you could do is simply change the text in it to a away message that you would use anyways, so at least it is not taking up space.
Wait I already said that...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
xsamx
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by xsamx »

Come on guys! I'm fucking down with this. I tried the regedit thing, it reset them all. So some file in the AIM directory is resetting it? I searched by comp for files containing the word "playing game" - nothing. So is it in hex in the aim directory? I'm not too sure about the tech. stuff, but give me some hints and I'll start looking. I want to rename that bitch.."playin game"...the fuck? I hate it!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

you can not remove it by deleting the reg key. It will just repair it and put a new one in there. My trick to it is I have so many away message that I dont see it any more with otu looking for it
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

i agree with timeless on this one. AOL has put so much effort into making it permanent. every time someone finds a way to get rid of it they find another way to make it stay. i think its nnoying as hell but if you have enough away messages you wont even notice it.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

My solution.
Attachments
new bitmap image.jpg
new bitmap image.jpg (154.95 KiB) Viewed 6379 times
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

Man, you really need to get a life. I thought I had no life, but then I saw all those away messages. Even I don't use wallpapers of females. I like to keep it blank. Please go back to your hole, where you belong. And don't reply with stupid shit, you can't type, face it. You suck at life. End it.

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

MikeZed wrote:Man, you really need to get a life. I thought I had no life, but then I saw all those away messages. Even I don't use wallpapers of females. I like to keep it blank. Please go back to your hole, where you belong. And don't reply with stupid shit, you can't type, face it. You suck at life. End it.
you should relieze that those away message have been built up over a pierod of 3-4 years. quite a few where add this semster which will be replace next.

As for the back ground it has senitmetal meaning to me dumb ass. Condsidering a very close personal friend gave it to me and I am one of the few people who even have a copy of it

and lastly and you wonder why I have you block on aim...... Really dude you are worse than axilla.
Last edited by Timelessblur on Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

Damn man, do you go to the boards 24/7? I was about to post something and bam, you replied already.

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.