Help Please

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Brendan
Just Registered
Just Registered

Help Please

Post by Brendan »

Well I have used aim+ many times before, and never had any problems with it. Then I unistalled it, and decided to install it again. Now I get an error that says "Failed trying to clone AIM (modifying mutex)" Or if I don't have the aim window open, I get "Failed to find AIM Make sure you have specified the correct location or your "Aim.Exe" in the AIM+ Prefrences" The problem is, that I can't find the aim+ prefrences... I have been in it a couple times, but it just poped up, after the error message. Now it doesn't pop up, so I can't edit the prefrences. Where do I go to edit the AIM+ Prefrences?

I don't understand why it is doing this, it used to work fine.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

open up aim, then on the buddy list, right click the aim icon in the top left of the window. There you will see an option for AIM+ preferences.

And if that dont work, uninstall AIM+, uninstall AIM, reinstall AIM, reinstall AIM+

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Brendan
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Brendan »

It's not there, and I reinstalled both multiple times. :(
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Than your probably running AIM and not AIM+.

Goto Start -> RUN -> type AIM+ and press Enter.

AIM+ will then load.
Corona Extra
Just Registered
Just Registered

Help

Post by Corona Extra »

Everytime I try to startup AIM+ it says :Failed trying to clone AIM(copy file failed) THis usually means you are out of space on the drive you installed AIM on." What can I do to run AIM+?
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

well, did you answer his question? are you out of space? are you running a million applications when you try to clone? did you install aim+ on the required aim version? did you consider another addon that is still being produced and not one that died two years ago? there is middleman, trillian, and you can also search google for something.
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

make sure your using aim 4.8 or below anything above that doesn't work to its full potential.
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"