quick question

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Braves728
Just Registered
Just Registered

quick question

Post by Braves728 »

hi i have a quick question. I do not really know that much about how to download aim. I have downloaded AIM+ and that is on my system. I then uninstalled AIM 5.5 because i thought that it didnt work on aim 5.5 Then when i click on aim+, it said that it was missing aim. I need help and i feel so stupid asking this lol.
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

uninstall both aim and aim+
reinstall aim 4.8
reinstall aim+ and give it the directory of your aim executable (ex. c:\program files\aim\aim.exe)
if that doesnt work then the computer isnt the right thing for you and you should burn it :|
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!
Braves728
Just Registered
Just Registered

Another quick question

Post by Braves728 »

Last question, I hope. Um is there anyway that I can still have the current version of AIM and still have aim+ with it. Because this old version is too old and is missing many of the features that i like. By the way, thanks a lot for all of the help. I currently have AIM 4.8 just like u said to do.
Nathan
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Nathan »

because aim+ is no longer in development, there is not a version that is fully compatible with the latest version of aim and there probably never will be. i believe there are other add ons and such (ie. middle man, dead aim) ive never used any of them and im not sure what they do but i think they do the same thing. personally i use trillian and it works great for viewing history and it has no ads but it has problems sending and recieving files with the latest versions of other chat clients.
Bethany is cool
Plasma2002b wrote:ill open YOUR port.....!