What's your AIM "uptime" record?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

lol i am so mad i was up to 13 days and something hours and i my power went out last night.....err :evil: i have to start all over again
tone
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Hmm ok I'm having a weird program. After I've been signed onto AIM for exactly 24 hours on the button it signs me off. I can sign right back on or even autoreconnect no problem but I don't understand why it boots me. I have DSL and my DSL has been up since I got it, that isn't the problem. Very weird. :confused:
:D
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

that is very weird i have not the first clue are you sure your dsl modem doesnt reset itself every 24 hours or something
tone
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

t0ne wrote:that is very weird i have not the first clue are you sure your dsl modem doesnt reset itself every 24 hours or something

As far as I know the problem is only with AIM itself. Because I have been download, web browsing, etc when it hit 24hrs and AIM was the only thing affected. My LAN shows that it has been up without any problems. It is not at 24hrs online, it is at 24hrs signed on that the problem occurs. I don't know, very odd.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

yeah...that is very weird i have never heard of anything like that
tone
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

I've been online longer than any of you guys can immagine:
Attachments
onlinetime.gif
onlinetime.gif (16.16 KiB) Viewed 11553 times
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:I've been online longer than any of you guys can immagine:

Did you see mine above? I win :)
dyingeyes

Post by dyingeyes »

what??? if you take the integral of a increasingly smaller number (as X^2 tends to infinity, the inverse tends towards 0, and like the limit squeeze theorem, your multiplying a big number by 0, which translates to being online 0 seconds!)

correct me if i'm wrong... but how exactly do you integrate from negative infinity? you need to define a constant to start integrating from...
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

LOL what weirdo....j/p nice job
tone
skaomatic
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by skaomatic »

You know you're bored when you register for a board just to say one thing.
sn0n
Addict
Addict

Post by sn0n »

i would REALLY like to see some proof on that........ a dialup connection wouldnt stay connected that long.
dialups can stay connected that long.. maybe not a AOL version.. but many other dialups can.. even aolnet connect kept me online for 8 days.. just depends on how much you stress it and yer computer is fast enuf to handle the whopping 56k data.. thats all
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

dyingeyes wrote:what??? if you take the integral of a increasingly smaller number (as X^2 tends to infinity, the inverse tends towards 0, and like the limit squeeze theorem, your multiplying a big number by 0, which translates to being online 0 seconds!)

correct me if i'm wrong... but how exactly do you integrate from negative infinity? you need to define a constant to start integrating from...
Your calculus is a little rusty. The integral is infinity. It's the sum of 1/x² for all real x. Also, many functions can be integrated from mius infinity to infinity. For example: [sin(x)]/(x²+1), which is pi*i*sinh(1), but since it has no real part, the integral is 0. The immaginary part can be important in higher math. Finally...0 * infinity is not zero. It is called indeterminate. You should know that if you've taken even basic calculus.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

jester22c wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:I've been online longer than any of you guys can immagine:

Did you see mine above? I win :)
My online time is far greater than yours. It's yours raised to the (infinity + 1)th power. And I'm sure you know that not all infinities are created equal, and mine beats yours :D
hoozdapimp

Post by hoozdapimp »

dyingeyes wrote:what??? if you take the integral of a increasingly smaller number (as X^2 tends to infinity, the inverse tends towards 0, and like the limit squeeze theorem, your multiplying a big number by 0, which translates to being online 0 seconds!)

obviously you haven't taken enough calculus :roll: ...you can definitely integrate from -infinite to +infinite, although your first statement was correct...1/x^2 is retarted...that does go to 0...
lunatic
Addict
Addict

Post by lunatic »

t0ne wrote:LOL what weirdo....j/p nice job
t0ne, i'm not tryin to start something here but its jus annoying when u post the same message 3 times in a row, do u infact jus post messages to bring u're post count up, it jus annoys me :evil: .

Time for school...