What's your AIM "uptime" record?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

hoozdapimp wrote:
dyingeyes wrote:what??? if you take the integral of a increasingly smaller number (as X^2 tends to infinity, the inverse tends towards 0, and like the limit squeeze theorem, your multiplying a big number by 0, which translates to being online 0 seconds!)

correct me if i'm wrong... but how exactly do you integrate from negative infinity? you need to define a constant to start integrating from...
obviously you haven't taken enough calculus :roll: ...you can definitely integrate from -infinite to +infinite, although your first statement was correct...1/x^2 is retarted...that does go to 0...
Wrong! The integral from a to infinity of 1/x^2 dx = 1/a. The same is true for the integral from minus infinity to -a. So, let a be 0, then the integral from a to infinity is infinity and the integral from minus infinity to -a is also infinity. Since the integral from minus infinity to plus infinity is the same as the sum of the integrals from minus infinity to 0, and from 0 to infinity, the integral from minus infinity to infinity is twice infinity, an infinity of greater magnitude.

If you don't believe me, look at the graph of 1/x^2. The integral is the area beneath the curve. Notice at 0, the area becomes infinite.
Attachments
1overxsquared.gif
1overxsquared.gif (4.24 KiB) Viewed 12310 times
TazX2k
Addict
Addict

Post by TazX2k »

Whats with all the complicated calc stuff, post something easy that people who havent took calc can still understand like the limit of 1/x as x -> 0 from the right.

Jester and Idejsecrofkrad if your online for +oo doesent that mean that you guys are god? this is grounds for a war, a holy war.

Seems like were all in cellege for some sort of engineering huh? I'm ee.

Joe
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

My record was interuppted only because I had to shut my computer off to dismantle it to get ready to make the trip back up to school. But the longest I've ever been online for was exactly 8 days, 15 hours, and 43 minutes.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

TazX2k wrote:Whats with all the complicated calc stuff, post something easy that people who havent took calc can still understand like the limit of 1/x as x -> 0 from the right.

Jester and Idejsecrofkrad if your online for +oo doesent that mean that you guys are god? this is grounds for a war, a holy war.

Seems like were all in cellege for some sort of engineering huh? I'm ee.

Joe
Engineering? Not yet. I'm still in high school, but I take math courses at college because there aren't hard enough ones at my school (not even differential equations!).
nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

nunubutt
Addict
Addict

Post by nunubutt »

Is my Picture Showing Up?

jester22c

Post by jester22c »

idejsecrofkrad wrote:
jester22c wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:I've been online longer than any of you guys can immagine:

Did you see mine above? I win :)
My online time is far greater than yours. It's yours raised to the (infinity + 1)th power. And I'm sure you know that not all infinities are created equal, and mine beats yours :D
Mathematically yes, but logic wise we've both always been online and we're both always going to be online. So in reality it doesn't really matter... I'm glad to see someone else around here knows their calc. I originally had an equation in my screenshot similar to yours but I took it out because I didn't think anyone would understand it lol. I'm a sophomore Comp Sci major btw.
:D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

For nunubutt:
Attachments
windowtime.jpg
windowtime.jpg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 12290 times
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

jester22c wrote:
idejsecrofkrad wrote:
jester22c wrote:
Did you see mine above? I win :)
My online time is far greater than yours. It's yours raised to the (infinity + 1)th power. And I'm sure you know that not all infinities are created equal, and mine beats yours :D
Mathematically yes, but logic wise we've both always been online and we're both always going to be online. So in reality it doesn't really matter... I'm glad to see someone else around here knows their calc. I originally had an equation in my screenshot similar to yours but I took it out because I didn't think anyone would understand it lol. I'm a sophomore Comp Sci major btw.
It doesn't really matter. It was just something to be funny, but apparently no one got it. Oh well.
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

why is it like that shade of white/gray mines a lil more grayer....is it xp?
tone
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

t0ne wrote:why is it like that shade of white/gray mines a lil more grayer....is it xp?
rephrase the question.. i dont understand :roll:
Mangx0r
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Mangx0r »

9 days which isnt great but my dsl sucks so it cuts out a bunch :o
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

lol, my record is still 8 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Looking at my post in here apparently my "record" has gone down :roll: .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

My reacord is 1 day 12 hours and that when I final got finaly remeber to sign off
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas