ALL of AIM always on top & hotkey

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Enterprise
Just Registered
Just Registered

ALL of AIM always on top & hotkey

Post by Enterprise »

it would be nice to that all of aim allways on top
hmph

Post by hmph »

there is a reg value: current user-->software-->America Online--> AOL instant messenger--> current users--> (your sn)-->Buddy--> alwaysontop change that value from a 0 to a 1 that's all there is to it.
Enterprise
Just Registered
Just Registered

no i want all of the im windows to bo on top

Post by Enterprise »

and maybe even like you have to ctrl+ click to activate them that way i can browse the web while reading what peolpe have to say
genocidal
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by genocidal »

hmph wrote:there is a reg value: current user-->software-->America Online--> AOL instant messenger--> current users--> (your sn)-->Buddy--> alwaysontop change that value from a 0 to a 1 that's all there is to it.
I used this and it works great for the main window, but something needs to be built in so that I can have chat windows always on top to. You have to realize with this new found beauty of transparency, the usability of the program increases. Now there should be the possibility to chat and read an article, or watch a movie through the window. :)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

In the interim you can go to http://www.actualtools.com and get Actual Title Buttons (shareware). It will add minimize-to-tray and always-on-top buttons to the title bars of any programs you choose, including IMs. It works great.
Mannyjv

?

Post by Mannyjv »

As long as the setting can be changed, I think it would be a fine idea. :D
All's fair in love and war.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

hmph wrote:there is a reg value: current user-->software-->America Online--> AOL instant messenger--> current users--> (your sn)-->Buddy--> alwaysontop change that value from a 0 to a 1 that's all there is to it.
Rather than going into the registry, you can just go My AIM / Edit Options / Keep Buddy List on Top to change your always on top setting for the Buddy List Window. That information is also in the AIM+ FAQ :).
-Mark
Big-O Software