.JPG Problems....

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

skudz
Addict
Addict

.JPG Problems....

Post by skudz »

Ok, i installed Adobe ImageReady, and i forgot to make it not be the default prog for loading jpg. anyways, i didnt like it, so i uninstalled ImageReady, and now it left my JPG files looking like a windows data file, you know the white paper with the windows logo in the middle. i changed the default prog to IE but now its a white paper with the blue IE logo on it. i want the default red logo thingy, but i cannot figure out how to get it back. if any of you know, or need a pic to determine what i mean, lemme know, this is really irritating me :(
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

What I think has happened is that your .jpg file type is no longer registered to use a specific program by default. What you can do is to open up a file window (for example, open up 'My Computer'). Then go to Tools-->'Folder Options'. From there you go to the 'File Types' tab. There should be a list of file extensions. Find the one that you want and choose 'Change' to pick the appropriate program.

I think you can also Right-Click a file of that particular filetype and choose 'Open With....' when the pop-up appears asking you what program to use, then you can select hte program and make sure the 'Always use....' Checkbox. This should re-assign that program to open those filetypes
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

also, you probably want to open it with "windows picture and fax viewer" instead of IE

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
skudz
Addict
Addict

Post by skudz »

neither worked, so i just formatted again. thanks for the help tho!
BomBoi

Post by BomBoi »

U can use photo shop
The 2489th member to join !
AMD 1.1 ghz
384 ram
40 gig
GForce 2 mx (32m)
Aureal Vortex 2