The Future of Big-O Software and AIM+

Discuss anything related to AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

VolcomPimp
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by VolcomPimp »

couple possible scenarios...
1. they never made it (the obvios reason)
2. They have made it and they decided not to release it, but either sell it to someone else, sell it here or sell it under a different name and site....

Im leaning towards it wasnt made...
if they had been getting threats and all they wouldnt be so broad about it,
and they cant be that big of babies to cancel their work on something and
thats it cause someone threatened to kill them or whatever...
first off if it were me I wouldnt take any of the threats seriously and they'd probly report all of it...
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Mark's page is not dependent on MySQL... It uses HTML... not PHP or any other funky thing.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Tbone2
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Tbone2 »

Hey it was great...you guys rock. sorry some have to be such a pain in the butt...I know you guys will go far in RL

GOD LUCK :lol:
CowboyCowden12

Post by CowboyCowden12 »

iamvoyager wrote:i cant say i am completely surprised considering how evasive you guys are to any questions relating to it.

its too bad if ppl harrass you, but that a horrible thing to do. i find it unlikely that there ever was going to be an aim+ 3, was this all just a big game? make them wait 6 months, tell them its going to be dec 11, then have a messed up site waiting for them

nice.

very nice.
...I have to say iamvoyager, that what you said is a pretty shitty thing to say. I can't actually believe you said that. These two guys put in their time and efforts into a project that meant somethign to them. I doubt you could actaully accomplish something as massive of a project as AIM+ has been. It is quite sad in my opinion that anyone would ever say something anywhere close to what you have said. It dissapoints me.

I would also like to add my thanks (yes iamvoyager, I am thanking them) to you guys, Mark and Ryan, for your tremendous efforts. It has resulted in a great product that many people have come enjoy. You guys should be proud of yourselves...and I know that I cannot change your decision but I have to say that I think if your work on AIM+ comtinued, many people would appreciate it. Thank you again for your efforts.
"Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution?" - Jack Black (Orange County)
alexus

Post by alexus »

i don't understand.. who and why would attack you? i don't know anyone who had used your software said anything bad about you or your software.. this is insane, i think AIM+ is the hotest thing around for people who uses AIM.. or am I missing something?
alexus

Post by alexus »

oh also.. would that be possible for us to get some sort of beta version of new AIM (comatible w/ AIM 5.0)?
Matt

Post by Matt »

Any questions you might have should be posted here: http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewforum.php?f=13
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
blahman
Addict
Addict

Was the MYsql problem because of this?

Post by blahman »

I don't want to double post but, was not sure about where to place this, and cannot remember if it was discussed already, so I will link to a new thread about MySQL and its vulnerablilitiesl:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewtopic.php?t=2271
hmph

Good Luck

Post by hmph »

All i can say is that i am dissappointed in whoever started these attacks... and in a perfect world, i would hope that they are being punished by their own guilt. I would also like to wish mark, ryan, and the rest of the big-o team the best of luck in this hard time, and to be the stronger men in the face of adversary whether this means that aim+ 3.0 (or any other aim+ for that matter) will get released or not. I think that anyone who has EVER used aim+ would agree and the people who are causing the problems on the boards (and possibly in the attacks) are unaware of the awesome magnitude of this wonderful piece of free software. thank you for the good times & good luck in the future.
-HmpH
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

A lot of people have asked for the chat to be logged... So I did just that (Big O Chat on AIM). Problem was I was going to strip it. Well you take a look the length of the logs and your relize it is too much for one person.

Another problem I have is I have no idea HOW to strip this one as the questions really were not asked in the chat room. Once again I will post the filez that invloved Big-O in the room. You are all free to take the convos from my site. You can modify them... you dont even have to keep the thing (I might) put at the bottom of them.

Okay so here is the link ( http://home.rochester.rr.com/netforcerr/AIM_Plus/ ). As of 6:17am EST I do not have the files up since I just woke up and dont have the time this morning to upload them / have all the links set up. I hope to have this all done by 3:30pm (that gives me a hour after I get home).

If you have any questions about the log.. or anything really you cant contact me (I just dont promise I will have answers :lol: ).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
SparkleSatine
Addict
Addict

Post by SparkleSatine »

Haven't posted in a while, but there's been a surge of activity and I think it's time for me to stir the pot a little.

A lot of people in the past have mentioned this, but recently a post or two has made me want to retaliate against the lawsuit theory. Sure, this is a possibility...but not bloody likely, folks.

The currently running consipracy theory is that AOL is after Big-O. This makes about as much sense as walking around with a helmet in your undewear. ...AOL would not threaten (which the big-o's have said they have done). AOL would DO. Threatening a comany, or otherwise harassing them, is itself a crime. Noone wants to commit a crime if their trying to pull a lawsuit. This would no doubt come up in court and BAM, their case would be laughed out, and Mark & Ryan would probably have a suing case of their own. That just doesn't make sense.

I know someone will counter with "but why don't they [Mark and Ryan] go take legal action against these people themselves?" Well, that's why everything is a secret, kids! They have to keep the details hushhush on what they're planning to do so they don't tip these people, or this person, off. They have to keep it all relatively quiet until court, otherwise info leaks, press gets into it, stories become distorted, and it gets hard to have impartiality in the courts.

I also want to point out that the chat last night cleared up a lot of this. Go look.
~Kate~
FED
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by FED »

If somebody threatened me I would threaten them back. I can cause as much damage as they can cause me. No reason to back into a corner like some cunts. Where are the threats coming from? The Mafia? Has to be something serious to make you drop and curl up like this.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

One bad thing makes another good?

I dont know but all this talk about legal action and such makes me sick. Sure Big-O can sue (and maybe should as I see it), but do we have to talk about things we have no clue about?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
neenmo

Post by neenmo »

Just a RANDOM thought..

We're on the "hush-hush" now. They've stopped AIM+. Once the hush-hush is over, and if Big-o wins a lawsuit (if they press charges).. perhaps they will start up AIM+ again. Why would they announce that they would if they're still a target..?

Just a thought.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

SparkleSatine wrote:Haven't posted in a while, but there's been a surge of activity and I think it's time for me to stir the pot a little.

A lot of people in the past have mentioned this, but recently a post or two has made me want to retaliate against the lawsuit theory. Sure, this is a possibility...but not bloody likely, folks.

The currently running consipracy theory is that AOL is after Big-O. This makes about as much sense as walking around with a helmet in your undewear. ...AOL would not threaten (which the big-o's have said they have done). AOL would DO. Threatening a comany, or otherwise harassing them, is itself a crime. Noone wants to commit a crime if their trying to pull a lawsuit. This would no doubt come up in court and BAM, their case would be laughed out, and Mark & Ryan would probably have a suing case of their own. That just doesn't make sense.

I know someone will counter with "but why don't they [Mark and Ryan] go take legal action against these people themselves?" Well, that's why everything is a secret, kids! They have to keep the details hushhush on what they're planning to do so they don't tip these people, or this person, off. They have to keep it all relatively quiet until court, otherwise info leaks, press gets into it, stories become distorted, and it gets hard to have impartiality in the courts.

I also want to point out that the chat last night cleared up a lot of this. Go look.
I like that pointing out the AOL part. AOL does not need to threathen if they want something shut down they would just get the lawyers to do. AOL would not harrass they would do exatly what they said. also if aol was involed this site would not be up any more