WOW! nice news mod!

Website stuff

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

dyingeyes

WOW! nice news mod!

Post by dyingeyes »

hey, I really like your mods to phpBB... and i'm looking to mod mine too. could you please tell me how you did the news hopper at the top of your index? thanks! (and a little thing; how did you get the links to gradually change from blue to orange on hover? i can't figure out how to do that...) thanks for your help!

(by the way, incase you didn't know, i am also a scripter/programmer, and that's why i wanted to know how to get the news hopper...) ^_^ thanks!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The fading is standard on PHPBB, and how to do it on your own pages has been discussed before :wink: .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
dyingeyes

Post by dyingeyes »

yes, i already installed the fading links mod... but what mod are you using for the news hopper? because i would really like to use that on my site too... except i've searched through all the addons for 2.0.0 and 2.0.3 and i can't find any of them! please help! thanks!
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

well, I'd love to help you and answer this, but since you posted it in two different places, AND private messaged me about it (and Mark, if I had to guess), I really can't decide where to respond...
-Ryan
Big-O Software
dyingeyes

Post by dyingeyes »

ergh! :oops: sorry... im really really hyper and mentally dead. two days ago, i had absolutely no experience with apache, php, mysql, or phpbb. however, i decided i should take a shot at it, and so i volunteered to create a bulletin board to coordinate the efforts of 350 high school sophmores in a three month long mega-project spanning 10 hours fair as our end product. its hard enough to coordinate 3 sophmores, so you should understand the pressure excerted on my too coordinate 350. that was an all-nighter. but, i successfully got the forum up and running, with a bunch of mods. however, a class representative contacted me and yelled, "why can't i post any flashy bulletins????? the deadline for comittees and leaders is IN A WEEK. GET YOUR ARSE WORKING!" so i was like, "whoa!" and i set off too search for a way to post deadlines. at first, devoting an entire forum was tempting, but then it would be too troublesome for 349 of the most laziest sophmores to click on one extra link, shuffle through a few topics, and click on another link (hehe... notice i excluded one person... *hint hint*)... actually, i did do that. but it didnt go down with the class rep. so i set off to try other news ideas. i tried using the phpbb's 'at a glance' mod, but that didn't suit me at all. it put a box the size of an index card in the top of the index, and constantly changed. the class rep wasn't amused. so, i thought hard (this is me thinking: :o ) and i chatted on aim, went to the mirc homepage to check for updates... went to the atomic click homepage too... and went to the bi-o homepage. then i was like; hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... didn't i get the idea of using a phpBB from big-o's forum????? maybe they could help me! ahhhh what an inspiration. so i visited big-o's forum, and i was like, WOW THAT IS ONE HOT NEWS HOPPER! :wink: WOW, I SAY, THAT NEWS HOPPER WILL R0XERZ MY BOARD IF I BORROWED IT. :wink: :wink: so i was like, hmmmm.... maybe i should post this in a forum. and so i did. but when i noticed it hadn't been answered in two days, i was getting worried! there was only a few days left! oh no! so i spazzed and panicked.

*begs* please please please please please oh great master of forum... modding... please please please please please help me add the really really cool news hopper on my board!!!!

hehe... please? ^_^
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Search phpBB's forums for "NewsMod", you'll find its thread. It's all there (and only there).
-Ryan
Big-O Software
dyingeyes

Post by dyingeyes »

i installed version 1.1.3 and it gives this error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare news_auth() (previously declared in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\news.php:36) in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\phpBB2\includes\news.php on line 36

please post your own news.php from includes here, please!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

this problem really should be posted in the PHPBB forums...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
dyingeyes

Post by dyingeyes »

yes; but they haven't replied in a few days... and i believe the problem has to do with either index.php calling the news routine too many times or the news routine calling itself too many times.....