Addict

MYsql error?

Post by blahman »

I was reading about a flaw in MYsql....check it out:

Article: http://security.e-matters.de/advisories/042002.html

Source: http://www.neowin.net
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

This isnt really in response to the topic mentioned.. but I do have a MySQL question.. and since my previous topic was locked..here I am.
Big-O Mark wrote:Our website regularly pushes MySQL way beyond its limits, thus the occasional problems we've had to deal with
Whats the simultaneous user limit that MySQL can handle??
It has to be quite a large number of users im sure.

The only real facts I know of are for MS Access(BLAH!) cause I have to use that for school.. which the can support up to around 10 connections (if that) before crashing.

Just curious! :P
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

(These aren't benchmarks for MySQL, by any means - just the way it works on our site)

Our database server seems to start getting flaky when it's pushing more than 200 simultaneous connections.

Simultaneous users browsing the site, though, is much higher, because everyone's not clicking things or refreshing constantly. We regularly handle 300-400 users at once, and we've done 500-600 without much problem.

I think the scripts we run are a pretty heavy load for MySQL -- phpBB isn't very lightweight (although it's not too bad, considering what it does), and our own scripts seem to very SQL-hungry.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

Ryan/Mark:

Maybe you should take some time to refine some of your scripts/SQL queries?¿? I'm sure you don't need to sleep, right? My experience with databases has proven (on more than one occasion) that you can tie up resources real quick when you're hitting a database constantly. Simplifying your scripts and queries might not solve your problems, but it can't hurt :). Good Luck!!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I dont know what Ryan did last night but trust me he did do something thing because the site went for a turtle to normal speed with just 10 less users and i dont think that why it happend.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

aclauser wrote:I dont know what Ryan did last night but trust me he did do something thing because the site went for a turtle to normal speed with just 10 less users and i dont think that why it happend.
We have a few tricks we can pull when the site is slowing down to try and get everything running fast again. If those fail, a nice restart of MySQL usually gets things running smoothly.
-Mark
Big-O Software