Macs and PCs Which do you like better and why?

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Which do you like better?

PC
80%
MACs
16%
Web TV
4%

Total votes: 25

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Macs and PCs Which do you like better and why?

Post by Timelessblur »

Ok this was inspice by a convo going on it Word Association thread.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

Timeless your into the polls lately huh?
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

We have had similar threads in the past..

I love Apple Computer. I use a Windows PC, but I want something better. For the field that I will be entering in the near future, I need to have experience on a Mac because some of the most powerful digital audio editing tools (ProTools), are ONLY available on the Macintosh platform. I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0 on my Windows XP Pro-based machine since that is what we use in our digital audio classes. CEP is not available on the Macintosh platform however.

For me, the best thing would be the combination of Cool Edit Pro on a Windows-based PC, and ProTools on a PowerMac for my more extreme editing. If only you could understand how long it takes to process a vinyl for CD burning.. :roll:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I only started 3........
Ok I like PC better. Mainly because that is what the world uses. Also they are fimiler to me and in the earily days they did not tick me off like the macs I used did because those earily macs like to lock up on me all the time and they lack a defrag program which only add to the problem (which reminds me I need to defrag this computer). Also PC have more software out for them right now and since XP came out they are much more stable than they used to me.

Side story: A friend of mine is a huge mac lover. He has just gottes a G4 with OS 9 on it and he was braging to me how stable it was and how it never locks up. Well right when he open it first program it crashed and lock up on him. I just fell over laughing.
ImmortalDragon
Banned
Banned

Post by ImmortalDragon »

PC, I never got used to Macs
But time flows like a river...
And history repeats...

http://boards.sytes.net
^^MY BOARDS^^
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

WEBTV ALL THE WAY!!!! w00000000!!!!

:lol:

"ill h4x0r j00 off the net with my 1337 WebTV!"
Last edited by Plasma2002b on Sun Jan 12, 2003 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Yes I agree for art work and vidio edit it all macs but since my furture job going to be engineering which is all math and stuff PC run that world and PC are better at it than macs.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblur wrote:Side story: A friend of mine is a huge mac lover. He has just gottes a G4 with OS 9 on it and he was braging to me how stable it was and how it never locks up. Well right when he open it first program it crashed and lock up on him. I just fell over laughing.
OS 9 wasn't terribly stable actually. If he had OS X, that wouldnt've happened. I have a friend with OS X on his iMac, and he's never had any problems with it.
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

PCs all the way. More power & flexibility for less $$!!
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Yeah I read about that and I know. The guy in the paper almost makes me sick when ever he goes on and on about Mac and OS X. I want to know more bout PC since that all I ever us. But still you got to say it funny when that happens. Kind of like when Bill Gate was introducing Window 98
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

ZildjianB wrote:PCs all the way. More power & flexibility for less $$!!
A Mac will last up to three times as long as a PC and still perform well enough to be considered fast.

More money up front, but less in the long run.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

DADINK13 wrote:
ZildjianB wrote:PCs all the way. More power & flexibility for less $$!!
A Mac will last up to three times as long as a PC and still perform well enough to be considered fast.

More money up front, but less in the long run.
Isnt that because mac are not upgrading as fast a PC. Hell a I rember when 1 ghz was top of the line (I got my pc and a 1 ghz whe nthe highest you could get 1.2 ghz) and now I got a lap to that 2ghz
ZildjianB

Post by ZildjianB »

DADINK13 wrote:A Mac will last up to three times as long as a PC and still perform well enough to be considered fast.
I've never seen a Mac last three times as long as any of my PCs, but anything is possible (of course, all of my PCs are immaculate 8)).

Performing "well enough" is just not up to my standards for a computer :)... I require the best of the best.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Timelessblur wrote:Isnt that because mac are not upgrading as fast a PC. Hell a I rember when 1 ghz was top of the line (I got my pc and a 1 ghz whe nthe highest you could get 1.2 ghz) and now I got a lap to that 2ghz
Speed Comparison:
PowerMac G4 with dual 1.25GHz PowerPC chips will outperfom Intel's latest P4 chip. The 1GHz PowerBook laptop I want will outperform my 1.7GHz P4 machine--and I've had this chip for about 15 months. It's all in the way they build and design the hardware to work.

Go here for more information:
http://www.apple.com/powermac/processor.html
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

ZildjianB wrote:
DADINK13 wrote:A Mac will last up to three times as long as a PC and still perform well enough to be considered fast.
I've never seen a Mac last three times as long as any of my PCs, but anything is possible (of course, all of my PCs are immaculate 8)).

Performing "well enough" is just not up to my standards for a computer :)... I require the best of the best.
that makes me think of the PC that they have in Feb 03 popular science. That think rock. Tommorrow I post the speaks on that thing. but all I can say it rocks and it has the best of best of most of the componacts you can get